New Releases 13/11/2020

i fall out with mine a lot too

1 Like

Alex banks for synthy electronica with a lot of bass.

That seems to be it for me this week.

1 Like

Haim have a new track out. They seem to have also jumped aboard the AC/DC train and it’s a full on 80’s power metal track. Honestly it sounds like Vixen or Heart when they rock out.

1 Like

Jordan Rakei has an electronic album out today under his Dan Kye moniker. Jazz / funk influenced techno (as you would expect from anything released on Rhythm Section). A few discreet vocals. Really enjoyed the singles so looking forward to digging in.

3 Likes

Only Aesop Rock and Jesu on my list just now. Aesop sounding excellent on first listen.

1 Like

The Wytches newn is finally out after a bit of a rona delay. Crunchy, angsty rock but in a fun way, hits my eternal teenager buttons

6 Likes

New one from LA noisemongers LAMPS on In The Red records. Produced by Ty Segall, FFO of Oh Sees, FOTL, Hot Snakes.

John Bence - Love

Elegant piano album in a contemparory classical/new music vein.

2 Likes

New Tomberlin EP today for fans of Indie Folk.

1 Like

This is a gorgeous album (four tracks in!) and a total new one for me.

ohh i’ve been trying to remember these guys for ages! Had the last album cover in my head and an idea of what they sounded like, but absolutely no idea how to search for them

sweet

1 Like

Pink Siifu & Fly Anakin - FlySiifu , really great chilled out hip hop, jazz rap vibes, madlib beat on one track.

Cry Club - God I’m Such A Mess. Aussie pop, New Wave “bubblegum punk” ala The Start, recent Paramore

SCALP - DOMESTIC EXTREMITY very aggressive hardcore/metalcore ala Gulch

1 Like

Where are you finding Jesu? It’s my big release for today but doesn’t seem to be on Bandcamp or Spotify

Chavez’s first album has been remastered and had some bonus tracks added. Definitely one of the most truly underrated of the 90s indie bands, in the same vein as Jawbox - less fuzz and more punch

4 Likes

slight jag but my pals Annie & Chris (from Catholic Action) released their new EP as Slow Weather today

FFO of Chris Cohen, Andy Shauf

New one for me too! Only found out about them earlier this week with the review for this on Loud & Quiet! It’s a wonderful woozy listen, isn’t it?

Yeah, it’s pretty damn good

That description of Lambchop sounds horrible, but fortunately the album is not. Rather lovely, as to be expected.

Will be checking out the others you mention. I also enjoyed my first go at Katy J Pearson’s album.

1 Like

Jesu sounding real nice

Absolutely loving this Karkara album, never heard of them before!

1 Like