New releases 14 / 01 / 2022

New covers album from Chan Marshall

FKA Twigs mixtape

5 Likes

Earl

19 Likes

Yep, those two.

New Lael Neale single is absolutely gorgeous, more fuller sounding than her last album (my #1 last year)

Had a lovely, nostalgic hour with the Broken Social Scene b-sides and rarities collection:

Enjoyed the latest Cat Power covers album. A Pair of Brown Eyes is my favourite song of all time so was quite twitchy about the prospect of a cover of it but she does a fine job.

3 Likes

Ok how do I do these properly, have tried searching.

3 Likes

I think you’ve done it right, just pasting the text of the link in works for me. Sometimes you just need to give it a second before hitting reply

1 Like
2 Likes

New Bonobo

11 Likes

Shinichi Atobe - Love of Plastic

It looks like this came out yesterday. Not on Spotify yet but available at Boomkat for old-fashioned purchase: https://boomkat.com/products/love-of-plastic

6 Likes

Much obliged!

Ryley Walker has a new EP out. Usually folky guitar stuff but he likes to experiment…

Anna Von Hausswolf live album

10 Likes

Oooh nice. Earl, Twigs, Bonobo and Cat Power.

New release days are back!

quite a good hip-hop day

Cordae - From a Bird’s Eye View
easy to like stuff from one of my little brother’s favourites. Good flow, punchy beats

AJ Suede & Televangel - Metatron’s Cube
something much more gauzy and chill, seems this might be what the kids call “cloud rap” but it’s giving me trip hop vibes

4 Likes

also I was psyched for Molly Nilsson - Extreme but that’s out tomorrow apparently

2 Likes

Underoath - Voyeurist
Reformed early 2000s emo mosh band return with what will probably be a quite bad album.

FFO: MySpace, white belts and black skinny jeans, the bible

2 Likes

Same, the single(s) have been superb.

Can actually make the words out on this Earl Sweatshirt album, what a sellout

Only the one from me so far…

Fazer - Plex - Afrobeat
"the Munich band is shaped by the experimental pop music of Talk Talk, the Afrobeat of Fela Kuti, the Krautrock of Can and the dub techno of Rhythm & Sound". Only 3 tracks available so far, but I really like them. If they sound like your thing but the preview track Dezember isn’t working for you, give Grenadier a try instead.

3 Likes

EARL EARL EARL EARL EARL EARL.

Earl.

4 Likes