New Releases 14/05/21

Nice little EP by Versylen on See Blue Audio. Post-dubstep vibes making me realise how long ago that era of gloopy 2-step was.

3 Likes

Modfather and Jimmy Saville lookalike Paul Weller has a new album out.

Matt Berry also has another record out. It’s always weird hearing him sing ‘straight’ but the lead track is rather excellent so I will investigate further. (Despite the album cover.)

This is lovely

3 Likes

First one I checked from your list and it is superb so far. Looked it up and according to one review “it’s good-natured, upbeat music that shifts between lowercase IDM-flecked house, Japanese-style architectural ambient and fractal cosmic deep space exploration”. Couldn’t have put it better myself.

2 Likes

New album from Dunedin Sound legends The Chills! The third full-length of their incredible renaissance over the past few years.

4 Likes

God is an Astronaut have a live version of their album All is Violent, All is bright. The original is a post rock classic so I’ll give it a go.

Avro Party might be interesting depending on the bangers to ambient ratio of the album.

Photonz has a new single,the album last was great, chilled dance. The lead track on this has jazz flute so enter at your own risk.

True Peak Limit is on Max Cooper’s label Mesh, so expect downbeat electronica with amazing sound design.

3 Likes

Johanna Samuels - Excelsior!

2 Likes

Never heard of this guy, seems to be incredibly popular. Decent middle-of-the-road rock:

Country crooning

Indie-pop from Québec:

Nü Wave band from Salt Lake City

Quirky pop-punk

This guy has been around since 1998, never heard of him… instrumentals that wouldn’t have sounded out of place in Manchester in the 90s.

thanks pal :grin:

1 Like

Really enjoying his (Johnny Flynn’s) Lovesick comedy on Netflix. What a guy!

Chris Potter - Sunrise Reprise

Composer Potter’s Circuits Trio (sax, keyboard, drums) with an album of energetic and atmospheric jazz grooves.

The new Not Waving (prolific dude) is a bit of a stunner, ft. Marie Davidson, Mark Lanegan, Jonnie Standish https://boomkat.com/products/how-to-leave-your-body

1 Like

The new Blanck Mass (2 track) album is on bandcamp.

4 Likes

Kaputt - Movement Now EP

No-wave sax stonks with catchy riffs from the Scottish six-piece.

3 Likes

Nice Demos album from Blitzen Trapper

Love Panopticon, but didn’t release this was out today! Preordered the vinyl ages ago and haven’t heard anything about it being despatched so figured it wasn’t released just yet.

1 Like

I stupidly ordered the Sons Of Kemet record from Amazon (for convenience and the guarantee of it being delivered today) and they sent it in a paper envelope so the sleeve is wrecked. Absolutely fuming. Was really looking forward to sitting down with headphones and giving it a proper spin.

This is really good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks man :grin:

2 Likes

koreless is back!!!