New Releases 14/06/2019

The new Personal Best album is out today, it’s really great.

1 Like

New Anthony Naples LP out.

Fog FM is a house music transmission filtered through fluorescent static, from a station out of place and time.

3 Likes

Just noticed that you’ve made it into my Release Radar on Spotify, which I think makes you just the second DiSer to do so, after Button

2 Likes

New Plaid album today :+1:

2 Likes

another one from last week and another good one. I go through phases of really liking what they do and I’ve been right in the mood for this one.

1 Like

Very slow album today (which I’m actually quite pleased about, as it’ll let me catch up including that Plaid LP)

Will dip into Calexico and Iron & Wine and Kate Tempest. Edwyn Collins has a soundtrack LP out with Sean Read,

Yikes - that came out last week? Don’t know how I missed that - long time fan…

2 Likes

Find them hit and miss but the hits are really very good. Will give this a spin for sure.

I only found it half way through this week, was missing from Spotify Radar, Swarm.fm etc.

1 Like

Bit of a light week for me too, about the only thing that caught my eye (and is sounding pretty good approaching the end of a first listen) is the Catenary Wires album, “Til The Morning”. Light fragile largely-acoustic indiepop from Amelia Fletcher and Rob Dorsey (Heavenly, Talulah Gosh, Marine Research, Tender Trap).

The Indietracks compilation for this year is also up on Bandcamp, so I’ll download that later.
Forty Three tracks for fiver, can’t be bad.

2 Likes

Eh? What and where is this? Had absolutely no idea something new was coming!

Did you mean Joan Shelley instead of Anais Mitchell by any chance?

https://joanshelley.bandcamp.com/track/coming-down-for-you

That’s weird I was just talking about Cheerbleederz in another thread

I often hate Dave Friedmann’s production but I think this sounds ok actually.

Odd. They’re one of the bands I’m definitely most looking forward to seeing this year.

1 Like

I have good - by no means high-end or studio-quality - but decent headphones and I’m finding it painful to listen to. With Purple I found it sounded much better ‘out loud’ so I’m hoping the same will be the case here.

Konx-om-Pax new LP is good. Planet Mu artist, some big synth lines going on. First track La Melody is a good place to start. Norman records described as this
“Ways Of Seeing is a record of warm electronica that also takes in trap, hip-hop and techno”

1 Like

It’s a track with Kate Stables… that’s all I know. Maybe it’s only on Spotify USA?

1 Like

Nope!

New Rex The Dog single is great.

1 Like