New Releases 15/1/2021

So what are you listening to today?

Shame and Buck Meek for me.

1 Like

Only got Insides’ new album ‘Soft Bonds’ on my list. Their first new album in almost 30 years!

Don’t know what this one will be like, but their last was sort of early 90s sounding (as it was actually early 90s) slow alternative electronic pop I guess? Subdued female vocals, synths and that. It was very good, so looking forward to hearing this.

6 Likes

Today is Pom Poko day! I shall be listening to that on repeat and very little else.

9 Likes

First release day of the year for me. Postie should be busy bringing me the following:

Sleaford Mods

Insides (mentioned by @bruised_blood above - the first album is one of those great lost classics of its era)

This interesting record by a Glasgow based experimental/folk/pop singer and pedal steel virtuoso

2 Likes

This’ll be my first listen… Slacker indie rock with it’s tongue firmly in cheek

11 Likes

This came out on Monday (for some reason) so I’ve been playing it all week. It’s really good.

1 Like

Death cab EP

1 Like

Pinegrove

2 Likes

New Emma Ruth Rundle + Thou EP for those of you with doom/sludge/stoner inclinations

10 Likes

New @BodyInTheThames on DiSintegration State :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

17 Likes

I’m mainly excited about the Pom Poko album today, but have also been diverted towards some Chicagoan indie pop with the new Beach Bunny EP, Blame Game

2 Likes

It’s true! Fantastic release, this - transportive electronica.

Also reminds me of when we were chatting in the pub about how great he was back in my london days.

1 Like

I am insanely excited for it

2 Likes

Will give BITT’s album a listen. Fuck all else

1 Like

Oh god it’s good

3 Likes

Creaper have a new EP. For fans of Death and Death Doom.

oh dear, not a fan of the waterfalls cover at all, whereas the fall on me one just sounds like REM… shame I was quite excited to give this a spin.

1 Like

Not listened yet…but doesn’t sound like it’s good then ha

The waterfalls cover is terrible :joy:

Oh there’s a new Grandbrothers if that sort of stuff tickles your fancy

2 Likes