New releases 15/7/22

Big one today for me:

Please inform me of other things to fill my ears with.

16 Likes

The new Trail of the Dead is out.

7 Likes

Heard a few tracks of Interpol just now. Not too impressed.

I’ll check out Superorganism also.

A relatively small British indie band called Breakup Haircut who I’ve seen a couple of times live have their debut out today. Really looking forward to that. Their gigs reminded me of 90s female fronted fun indie rock.

1 Like

Loads of stuff I’m interested out today. Interpol and black midi obviously, but also these…

Kode9 - Escapology

New one from the Hyperdub top dog. His last solo album and the ones he did with the late, great Spaceape are some of my favourites, so been hyped about this for a long time.

DoomCannon - Renaissance

Debut album on Brownswood. Gilles Peterson approved jazz? I’m in.

Katalyst - JID013

Latest release from Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammad’s Jazz Is Dead series. You know what you’re getting at this point. This is the most modern artist they’ve worked with on this series, so intrigued to see what it’s like.

10 Likes

LIZZO! LIZZO! LIZZO!

4 Likes

New Interpol top of today’s list

Closely followed by Working Men’s Club

& then some hip-hop

2 Likes

Pye Corner Audio – Let’s Emerge!

He drops the beats for this one, creating shoegaze ambient with, surprisingly, Ride & Oasis guitarist Andy Bell.

Lizzo – Special

Akusmi – Fleeting Future

French-born composer & multi-instrumentalist and producer Pascal Bideau – music originally inspired by a journey to Indonesia

The Cat’s Miaow - Songs '94-'98

Overdue collection of hits from cult Aussie jangle-pop band. FFO The Pastels, Black Tambourine, The Vaselines.

4 Likes

Covered in first two posts: looking forward to black midi and Trail of Dead.

The Armed - ULTRAPOP: Live At The Masonic
Hardcore weirdo industrial pop collective’s soundtrack to their live film which came out last year. The movie was the Stop Making Sense of hardcore so expecting this to be incredibly well produced and loads of fun.

FFO: comparisons to Talking Heads which set an unrealistic expectation for the musical content, bands with hundreds of members who aren’t Slipknot, bands who work out before they play shows and share their routines for getting absolutely pumped

2 Likes

God is an Astronaut - The begining of the end - live. Post rock

Inidan Wells - no one really listens to oscillators. Mid tempo, moody, electronica
FFO Lake Haze

Kink - hyper epic. Techno

5 Likes

Bit o Black Midi for me thanks

1 Like

Lizzo and Interpol to start with I think.

Looks like this snuck out beabadoobee - Beatopia

Another in the sweetly sung 90s indie revival, though seems less fuzzy than previous releases

5 Likes

Second album from the death metal revivalists. Singles have been great. Rapid tempo shifts, gratuitous use of twin bass pedals, guitar solos that sound like faulty police sirens, you know the drill:

3 Likes

New Vladislav Delay for all the glitch-heads. First track is a monster.

5 Likes

Nice folky stuff (Sylvan Esso’s Amelia Meath & Daughter of Swords’ Alexandra Sauser-Monnig)

For fans of lenker solo

2 Likes

Like a more produced Taylor I guess

1 Like

Ben Shemie (of SUUNS) and the Molinari String Quartet

Sounds good!

2 Likes

Nightlands (Dave Hartley of The War On Drugs)

3 Likes

Launder - Happening

Post punky side of Shoegaze, signed to Ghostly, have been impressed with pre releases and looking forward to hearing the rest - FFO Diiv etc

6 Likes