New Releases 16/02/18

Don’t even remember writing this :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yep, not perfect, but certainly Pete Astor is an enjoyable listen. I am a sucker for that Ultimate Painting/Clientele vibe. And James Hoare’s guitar-work is as delicate as ever.

SO If it wasn’t for me it would be in the 90s? Interesting

Ha yas, sesh

Yip, wankered

1 Like

Optimum time for DiS posting I feel

2 Likes

Since writing my slightly arsey review that Erasure song has been stuck in my head, which leads me to think maybe I was being unfair, however, I still think a lot of it sounds quite generic and I don’t really like Mac’s voice truth be told

Indeed :joy:

1 Like

The Loma album is pretty, pretty good. Really intense.
I have also enjoyed the Dita Von Teese/Sebastien Tellier affair - quite a gallic, Gainsbourg flavour to it.

2 Likes

My mates band, VLMV released their debut yesterday on Fierce Panda. FFO post rock I suppose (not listened to it tbh, but his previous band were cracking, so I’m sure this’ll be great)

That Marlon Williams is lovely. Like a cowboy Richard Hawley/pre-mental Scott Walker

I’ve listened to the Yndi Halda EP/track about 10 times. It’s really good. Looking forward to album #3 next decade!

1 Like

oh I missed that Pianos Become The Teeth’s (lush sounding post-hardcore/emo for those that don’t know) new one is out this week, that band are v. v. good:

1 Like

Gone off the boil for me a bit with this album I think. Nothing was grabbing me about it at all on first listen, which is a real shame.

Going to listen to the Everything Is Recorded album after tea, surprised to not really see much chat about it in here tbh

Going to hold back on the Ought record until I can get out and buy it I think, but listening back to More Than Any Other Day as I cook tea and remembering what a cracker it is!

1 Like

I’ve been into Norwegian band Great News for a year and their album came out on Friday.

Aussie duo Geowulf’s album is perfect for the summer.

He’s got a couple of good albums with Delaney Davidson too.

1 Like

Nice one. Will look into those

are you using semi-skimmed or whole milk?

Another tick from me too. Really getting into this. Lovely stuff, thank you DiS crew!