New releases - 16/11/2018

Today is the day that the new Grand Salvo album gets released! FFO Sufjan Stevens etc

check it out!

1 Like

I see Meg Baird has a six song album out. I’ll check that out. Dear Companion is underrated as albums get.

Big day for me, the world.

1 Like

The new Good, the Bad & the Queen album sounds very good so far. I’m really looking forward to the new Anderson Paak record too but it doesn’t seem to be streaming yet.

1 Like

she was supporting Kurt Vile tonight but i only managed to catch literally the last 5 seconds of her set.

might check her out and see what i missed

That’s from last week :stuck_out_tongue: It’s really great though. Baird and Lattimore are a great duo.

1 Like

Edit: nvm

Looking a bit bare for me this week aside from Little Mix so watching this thread with interest.

B12 reissue is all I’ve got lined up. Very tempted by the vinyl with that lovely Chris Foss 70s SF artwork.

1 Like

Oh, the Brainfeeder compilation looks decent too.

Unsurprisingly its pretty bad. Overproduced and everything played at 100mph…no subtlety, dynamics etc

1 Like

Very slim pickings. Thanks for the heads up on The Good, The Bad and the Queen album. Aside from that, the Chorusgirl record’s probably worth a listen.

1 Like

New one on Disintegration State by Henry Courgette - Qaptain Qoulshed’s Qosmic Quest. Space jazz electronica to open your mind to the staaaaarrrrrrrrrsssssss

7 Likes

I’m surprised at how much I don’t mind this. Quite like that insistent feel.

1 Like

I will jamming Mogic by Hen Ogledd, Richard Dawson’s band. All of the singles have been really good, and I am excited to hear how it has all come together.

2 Likes

It sure is! We’re playing with them tonight in Nottingham, fact fans. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Which band are you in? I’m popping down to see mammoth penguins, might stick around (though I have got red dead to play)

Actually I guess you must be in fightmilk

1 Like

There’s a new Esben and the Witch out today, seems pretty good on first listen, Doom / Goth / post rock kinda thing…

2 Likes

Anderson Paak. Malibu was my AOTY by a country mile so I’m trying to measure expectations. Enjoyed what I’ve heard so far and it’s clear it’s a labour of love, just hoping it doesn’t tip over into the overproduced territory. Guests on this album are absolutely ridiculous tho, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Q Tip, Pusha T, Kendrick Lamar etc. :heart_eyes:

1 Like