New releases - 16/11/2018

Math/emo from pals from around the UK. Been excited for this one for a while.

3 Likes

Ace, hope you have a good gig. I’m off to listen to that record right now.

Will be checking out Grand Salvo (thanks @PaintyCanNed), as well as Smashing Pumpkins.

Only other one for me not mentioned already is Ryley Walker - The Lillywhite Sessions [Covers from a 2001 Dave Matthews Band album]

I’ve never knowingly heard the original but expecting some hazy indie to start my day

I’ve been looking good forward to the Grand Salvo album after loving their previous album - glad to see it mentioned! Hopefully it’s as good!

That’s correct! Stick around for us please! Not sure what the running order is tbh

Anderson .Paak seems fantastic so far. Good.

1 Like

Just Paak and chorusgirl for me today I think

You’re on second after mammoth penguins I reckon, 8:30.

okay, the first song sounds lovely, so that’s promising!
It also looks like there’s a new Radical Face album out so I’ll try that afterwards.

Looks like a quiet one for me…
A few tracks into Deena Abdelwahed, recommended to me by Google Play FFO Kelly Lee Owens
Will check out The Good, The Bad & The Queen in a bit & then undoubtedly something else that the GBOL that frequent this thread recommend :slight_smile:

Ha! Thanks, see you later :+1:

Looks like there’s a new Big K.R.I.T. ep out today but can’t stream for some reason. Maybe US only at the moment? :thinking:

1 Like

TGTHATQ is great. Albarn at his best. The other members all have a chance to shine as well. Love the sound of the album. Up there with his best, for me (after 1 listen)

smashing pumpkins is ok. better than the last 3 shit fests

Best thing about the Anderson Paak record from three listens is the Rodney Dangerfield “nobody was home” bit

1 Like

Ouch. Really didn’t enjoy that J Cole track, specifically his lyrics on it.

I am enjoying the 70’s disco feel to some of the tracks and there are definitely highs but this isn’t hitting me as immediately as AP’s previous work

It’s bloated and disappointingly juvenile and misogynistic but there are some good moments.

1 Like

1 Like

Ai Messiah album out on Touch Sensitive