New Releases 16/12/22

Yeah, I skimmed a couple of tracks and that was enough for me!

1 Like

Lilly Joel Plays The Organ - Sibyl Of The Rhine

Ambient pipe organ and voice interpretations of the music of 12th century mystic Hildegard von Bingen (second Hildegard von Bingen album that I’m aware of this year, following the Micah Frank and Chet Doxas one last month).

Spotify has this as coming out a couple of weeks ago, but only just appeared on Bandcamp this week, maybe to coincide with a CD version.

Ebo Krdum - Revolt for Change

Third album in a little over a year, largely more of the same from the Sudanese-Swedish self-taught singer, guitarist, artist, actor and activist. A pleasant mix of multi-lingual desert blues with Scandi-folk influence. Might just be one for me and @Gert this on past evidence!

3 Likes

Pinkpantheress - Take me home

3 track EP from the drum and bass influenced Tik Tok pop rising star.

4 Likes

Charif Megarbane - Tayyara Warak EP

Latest Habibi Funk release goes contemporary with these three tracks from Beirut producer Charif Megarbane, also known as the Cosmic Analog Ensemble.

“Tayyara Warak” is Charif’s 1st EP with his own name outside Hisstology Records. Title track evokes Beirut chaos, taxi rides through the city w/ soft, nostalgic melody and fuzzed-out rhythm sections move like city birds flying through hectic car horns. 'Commencer La-Bas,’ expansive and narrative, mixes highlife and orchestral strings - new beginnings from exile and exodus.‘Flat Foot’ ends on a lighter “foot” with a hip-hop-tinged groove and a descending melodic motif, like walking down a staircase in wet flip-flops.

3 Likes

In case anyone is looking for a few rare bits on Bandcamp to support The Anchoress

after some distributor issues this is now up on Spotify and other platforms -

1 Like

Early poll cos I might not get chance later in the week.

SZA and Sublime Sound topped the poll last week with three votes each, then Dylan Henner in third.

What did you like this week?

• Ab Soul - Herbert
  • Adrian Lane - No Further Than The Present
  • Bejenec - Slavic Breus EP
  • Charif Megarbane - Tayyara Warak EP
  • Circa Survive - Two Dreams
  • Claire Rousay and Anne-F Jaques - a very busy social life
  • Claire Rousay and Jacob Wick - anything you can do…
  • Dag Rosenqvist - Lexika
  • E L U C I D - Brb Gotta Charge My Toothbrush
  • Ebo Krdum - Revolt for Change
  • gladie - LIVE​!​!​! IN (not) TORONTO​!​!​!
  • Hell is for Heroes - I Should Never Have Been Here in the First Place
  • Hundred Reasons - The Old School Way
  • Keaton Henson - Keaton’s Party Playlist
  • Lilly Joel Plays The Organ - Sibyl Of The Rhine
  • Little Simz - No Thank You
  • Maddalena Ghezzi - Emerald - EP
  • Mario Batkovic - Mad Heidi (Original Score)
  • Marta Mist - Eyes Like Pools
  • Misþyrming - Með hamri
  • Perú Selv​á​tico - Sonic Expedition into the Peruvian Amazon 1972​-​1986 (Analog Africa No​.​36)
  • Pinkpantheress - Take me home
  • Remont Pomp - Sam jesteś pompa vol​.​1
  • Rupture // Rapture - Live & Unreleased // 2022
  • Sonido Verde de Moyobamba - Sonido Verde de Moyobamba (Limited Dance Edition Nr. 17)
  • Tenci - A Swollen River, A Well Overflowing
  • The Alchemist - Alchemist Sandwich
  • The Anchoress - unreleased archive tracks
  • Various Artists - Best Of Stress 2022
  • Your Old Droog - YOD Presents: The Shining
  • ZA! & La TransMegaCobla - La sardana de Baal Hammon - Single
0 voters
1 Like

yeah it’s the two EPs from earlier this year, both are excellent though so nice to have them as a complete packaged. Likely it’s their last album from what it looks like so at least they are going out on a high.

This is really fantastic! Love it, thank you!

1 Like

glad you liked it! :slight_smile: