New Releases 16 Sep 22

interesting, i must go back to this

loved their previous couple but didn’t click with this on first listen

1 Like

Instantly enjoying it. Think I had it on a bit background the other day.

1 Like

It’s quite short also, so it often makes me want to play it again afterwards.
Not sure if I’ve ever properly listened to their previous albums, so will give them a go sometime!

1 Like

Last one was great. Enjoy.

1 Like

Just been catching up with this one and it is so flipping good. Dot Allison guesting on a couple and BJ Cole’s haunting pedal steel on another. Hazy country soundscapes. It’s like a wild west Lancashire road trip. Will be among my contenders for album of the month.

1 Like

The Double Happiness - Roadhouse

One more enjoyable late discovery for me this week, and not a million miles away from the road trip vibes of the Mark Peters one above, but this one from Brisbane not Wigan, more surf-rocky and “inspired by the quartet’s love of spaghetti-westerns, Tarantino soundtracks, dogs and Twin Peaks”.

Yeah fullly agree - a blissful listen and particularly the tracks you mention - its sort of a bit in the tradition of that pedal steel/country tinged ambient that has thrown up some beauties from the likes of North Americans, Blank Gloss and Chuck Johnson and derives utimately probably from Eno’s Appollo LP…but its got some extra bits going on too.
I tend to listen at work but the really good stuff I then take out with me on a post-work trip…usually my favoured walk down to the river through a rare bit of unspoilt rural-ness near me and so I was listening to this as the sun was dipping, surrounded by nature and aided by some swigs of ale…was ideal!
Another strong release from the Sonic Cathedral stable

1 Like