New Releases 17/04

It’s great, his best

1 Like

Really like lido pimienta, saw her performing when she was like 8 months preggo a couple of years ago

1 Like

This here Fiona Apple albums sounds like a lot of fun but it’s got A LOT going on but can see this growing to become a firm favourite

I think until now the only new albums they’ve given 10 to since Kid A are Source Tags and Codes, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

1 Like

Just to follow up, this is a bit of return to form with more underproduced recording (unlike his last few) and just great classic songwriting.

Fiona Apple next

Bit they gave a terrible bro country record a 7.6 last week so who the fuck knows.

But on first listen it does sound like it COULD be a special record but also one that will take several listens to unpack

Is this Fiona Apple record going to be alright to listen to while driving or would it be better suited to siting down and really taking it in without too many distractions? It’s one of this year’s rare records that actually lasts the duration of my commute home.

On first listen I would say the latter.

It’s not a casual listen but it’s still perfectly listenable without closely following. But there is A Lot going on, been listening whilst working

Oranssi Pazuzu have a new one out - immersive psychedelic black metal. If you liked the Waste of Space Orchestra album from last year give this a go

5 Likes

There’s a new Sugar Horse ep. It mixes Sludge , noise rock with some surprisingly melodic parts.

2 Likes

The last 5/6 weeks has been the best run of new music I can remember for ages at a time when I needed it most:

Fiona Apple
Waxahatchee
Laura Marling
Porridge Radio
Nicolas Jaar
Dogleg
Sorry

All excellent albums and in a usual month I’d be happy with one or two of this quality.

Need more time with Fiona Apple, lots to unpack, but it is obvs brilliant.

1 Like

Nice one! This is going on next

Edit: Richard Branson in the Sky with Diamonds :laughing:

2 Likes

New Sir Richard Bishop album out on Drag City

2 Likes

Three tracks in and I don’t really see what the fuss is about! :thinking:

This is also good. This, Martin Grech and Jerskin Fendrix makes this a good week

1 Like

I heard the Fiona Apple album all the way through just now. I’ll give it a Pitchfork score of 7.1

It’s good. I’ll give it another listen but I’m not getting the album of our times impressions or anything approaching AOTY tingles; might make my AOTM on first listen.

(My AOTY last year was Lana Del Rey. During listening to it first time I knew it was something special and couldn’t wait to listen again as soon as I’d finished it.)

1 Like

Yeah this is great. Maybe their best yet

Lost track a bit but I think these 2 soundtracks were released this week:

Laurel Halo - Possessed
Deveonte Hynes - Queen & Slim

Wasn’t really expecting a lot from either tbh but both ace imo.

1 Like

Came here to post this! Looking forward to delving into the madness again!