New Releases 17/11/2017

I’m over in the US, but according to Netphoria it looks as if there might be a similar issue here. It looks like people are caught between paying the high shipping or waiting for Amazon to deliver it in January.

FWIW in case you didn’t know (I didn’t), unlike the last album it seems to be purely a jazz record.

Ah right, it’s not been really advertised, which is a shame really. Only heard about it from SPFans Facebook group.

Yeah, I heard it was pure jazz, which I’m happy with really. I just want to hear new stuff from him and hear new rhythms and patterns

Galactic Cowboys - Long Way Back to the Moon

it’s been 17 long years since their hiatus, but the boys are finally back! Great fucking record!

Tons of energy, layers, dynamics, vocal harmonies.

So far, besides OCS (which is wonderful), my guilty pleasure this week is Chris Gantry’s At the House of Cash, or at least the two tracks you can listen to on Bandcamp, recorded back in 1973, released now.

Out of curiosity, have any of you tried recordbird.com? It sends you a personalised overview of new releases emails and notifications and clever Stuff like that. It checks who you follow on Facebook or have in your library.

Only mention it as it was how I found out about Sharon Van Etten reissue.

4 Likes

Yup, using it after I think I saw you recommending it before. Really useful!

Thank you, looks like it will hopefully be useful!

I did. It was good!

1 Like

Thank you!

Cheers Sean, I’ll give it a try. I use Swarm.fm but already it seems to be missing out some new releases and annoyingly suggesting things that “I might like”.

Flown a bit under the radar this one hasn’t it? Enjoying it.