New Releases 18/09/20

It’s been a long time since I listen to any Young Knives - probably superabundance - but if they’ve gone weird then I’ll give this a go.

Going to try the new Butcher Brown album. They’ve been a bit hit and miss in the past but when they’re good they’re great. Kind of funky jazz with hip hop influence.

Ava Max and Ava Max only.

Already mentioned, but probably the new Osees album all day. Listened yesterday and really enjoyed it on first listen. More a psychedelic groovy-jam album, not so many of their usual bangers, but a nice head bobber.

Me too - that and the new one from Matt Berry.

1 Like

Ian Brown’s new song has to be heard to be believed. If you’ve been following his tweets of late, then it all makes sense now, a bit. Five minutes you’ll never get back, but worth a listen.

1 Like

Been looking forward to the release of the new Eivør album – folk-rock from the Faroe Islands. This one is mostly in English, with a couple of Faroese tracks bookending the album, plus a guest appearance from Ásgeir somewhere in the second half.

1 Like

They’ve gone very good

1 Like

New Napalm Death today. Singles were good.

Edit sorry missed it in your list @UncleRetrospective

1 Like

I’ve just ordered Music for Denali. Didn’t know there was another new record out.

Spencer Zahn - melancholy jazzy instrumentals.

Enjoying the Guy Andrews!

1 Like

Christ, that was fucking awful.

2 Likes

New Tobin Sprout

2 Likes

A total shocker, like a youtube rabbithole set to music. Off to listen to Sault instead.

2 Likes

Osees and Avalon Emerson for me

There’s a new Sarah Davachi album out today. Organ drones.

2 Likes

“Five minutes you’ll never get back, but worth a listen”

If CD singles were still a thing then that would be on one of those annoying stickers they use to slap on the front which were impossible to remove without leaving a horrible sticky mark.

1 Like

New Okkervil River live album collecting the best of their monthly concerts they’ve been uploading for the past year or so. They are amazing live so it’s predictably sounding great.

2 Likes
1 Like