1 Like

Battles
Floating Points
Caroline Polachek
Vagabon

Another (hopefully) strong week!

3 Likes

Apparently so

I’ve looked and looked and can’t see any new Trouble Books on Bandcamp! Can you link please, this would be the best thing ever!

Listened to the new Floating Points in the car on the way in. It’s very cool but not a patch on the previous one imho. The percussion made it for me on the last one (that ride cymbal sound!) but here it sounds more artificial and glitchy and isn’t really doing it for me.

1 Like

This sounds very nice, good autumnal sounds.

Thanks, it is also on Spotify now (but obviously we should all use Bandcamp)

Obviously I have skin in this game, but I genuinely think this is a really great electronica record.

It flows beautifully, the production has a fantastic sense of clarity and space, the melodies are “sticky” and that bass is just killer and really helped me up my mastering game :wink:

Listening back to it on headphones at work now and it really feels like a proper album to be digested as a whole. Great work mate! :+1:

1 Like

I’m looking forward to hearing:

Slow Meadow
Jim James
Floating Points
Trouble Books (now that I know about it)
Nils Frahm

I will check out (if reviews/recs on here are good)

Battles
Patrick Watson

October will probably dominate my AOTY list

Wasn’t supposed to be a reply but :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Some month this, lads.

4 Likes

Busy day!

Foals is great on first listen
The Cure in Hyde Park
Floating points
Jacques Green
There’s a new UMEK ep
want to check out clipping and Adventsong.

That’s loads to keep me going

2 Likes

Ah cheers dude! :blush:

Don’t know if this goes in this thread but was really put off by Foals on 6Music last week. Not the music, but just the general aloofness of the band (particularly Yannis) and their continued insistence that their new songs were “nasty”. Used the phrase “man up” unironically, too

1 Like

Caroline Polachek is sounding as good as I’d hoped on first listen

2 Likes

Battles album is decent

3 Likes

Yeah, never fully got on with Chairlift but this is really ticking the boxes for me this morning

1 Like

Chemical Brothers / Surrender reissue for me. Looking forward to hearing the 20 minute version of Out of Control.

lol, I love all the Foals band pictures where they’ve gone to great lengths to disguise the fact that Yannis is 5’’4 so he can still do his hard man glowering.

5 Likes