New releases 18/12/20

Is there any?

giphy (1)

GIFs never work for me :frowning:

Some singles released this week are on my radar

Manic Street Preachers - Spectators of Suicide. A new version of this 1991 track featuring Gwenno singing both an English and a Welsh version. Profits to charities: Missing People and Trussell Trust

The Chills - You’re Immortal
A new slice of the Dunedin sound! Heavily influenced by Love’s Forever Changes

Little Dragon & Moses Sumney - The Other Lover

Julianna Barwick - Inspirit (Takuya’s Ryūteki Dragons). A rework (I think, I can’t really tell) of the album’s opening track

Also there’s a Mica Levi album I’m planning to try Ruff Dog | Mica Levi

There’s the new McCartney

Also Lanterns on the Lake -The Realist EP, which was originally due out last week but was pushed back a week.

3 Likes

Hotel Neon

Jogging House

Pye Corner Audio

Arvo Party

^all popped up on my release radar today

3 Likes

Sounds better than the album on first listen.

1 Like

Hayley Williams put out a 3-track EP of some acoustic versions of songs off her album earlier this year.

Charly Bliss + PUP xmas single.

2 Likes

this is nice

Mountain goats sessions

Everything I was expecting today has been pushed back to January now; Rival Consoles - Night Melody / Articulation and Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas - III are now 2021 albums, I guess!

I got nothing, and so didn’t do my usual new releases post. Still got nothing so far … guessing the next official Melodious thread will be Jan 4, or 11, at best. Going to catch up with some of the backlog from the year, although no doubt will quickly get sucked into a rabbit-hole of distraction along the way.

Merry Xmas to All!
MT

1 Like

Another new EP from Osees. Two new jams plus an Alice Cooper cover.

Hotel Neon’s new one is so good. Wrote about it for I Heart Noise in a rare foray into reviews.

3 Likes

Maybe you mean physical but this has been streaming since Nov 20 in case you missed it.

Gazelle Twin (soundtrack) album - a few reworks of old tracks mixed in with new ones:

3 Likes

Not listened to it yet but nobody mentioned Tycho’s remixes

Drinking a whisky and listening to Lau’s new Folk Songs EP like the wannabe Highland jakey I am.

Happy Christmas Eve!

Last week The Avalanches, Belle & Sebastian and Guided By Voices topped the poll (what year is it??). Barely anything going this week but it’s poll time nonetheless!

• Arvo Party - Saddest Little Christmas Mix
  • Gazelle Twin - Welcome To The Blumhouse: Nocturne
  • Hayley Williams - Petals For Armor: Self-Serenades
  • Hotel Neon - Moments
  • I Am Oak - Odd Seeds (Part 2)
  • Jogging House - Companion
  • Lanters on the Lake - The Realist
  • Lau - Folk Songs
  • Mica Levi - Ruff Dog
  • Oh Sees - Weirdo Hairdo
  • Paul McCartney - McCartney III
  • The Mountain Goats - The Jordan Lake Sessions: Volumes 1 and 2