New Releases 19/03/2021

What’s everyone listening to?

I’ve got the New Pagans album on now, pop-punk melodies with lyrics about sin, Yeats’ sister, and religious hypocrisy. Good stuff.

A.A. Williams has a cover album out today.

And this Dvne album which was mentioned in the heavy thread, will give it a go!

7 Likes

Lana Del Rey

7 Likes

Middle Kids - Today We’re The Greatest (Indie pop)

5 Likes

Think it’s just Gazelle Twin / NYX’s new album for me today.

10 Likes

Looking forward to this

https://open.spotify.com/album/3lj5ukbPomLBpkWYW9K5hJ?si=XbgQHDAOTo-N2G9SA51dtg&utm_source=copy-link

4 Likes

The Eccentronic Research Council - Dreamcatcher Tapes Volumes 1 & 2 for me.

3 Likes

This far out steel pan thing which I misleadingly posted a couple of weeks ago before it was actually out

Some gnawa psych

And other stuff I’ll be testing out based on cover art/hunches then reporting back on

4 Likes

I think I have a few albums I’ll post about in a bit, but just wanted to mention two singles.
First there is a long awaited new song by The More Shallows, and I totally love it. A lot more poppy/catchy than I was expecting. Hope you like it @static !

And Epic45 and Babybird have collaborated (again) on a song. No idea if there will be a joint album from them, but I’d quite like that if so!

3 Likes

Bell orchestre - house music
Post rocky classical stuff from Arcade Fire people on erased tapes.

5 Likes

Norman Fucking Rockwell was probably the best album of the last five or so years for me. Heard the new one about 1½ times through and it’s a continuation of NFR which I’m more than happy with.

Dark But Just A Game and Dance Till We Die are early highlights. Looking forward to repeated listens this weekend.

2 Likes

The Her soundtrack finally has a release today too! It’s a goodie.

9 Likes

Just finished listening through to this. I liked it but found it a bit hard going for this time of the morning! I don’t know NYX at all but am a fan of Gazelle Twin so I did have some idea what to expect at least!

There’s a Mono live-with-orchestra album I’ll check out today (although I’m not sure how much it will differ from their previous live-with-orchestra record)

1 Like

Special Request for the latest DJ Kicks series - looking forward to this one:

7 Likes

New Benny The Butcher first today

3 Likes

Will definitely check out the Epic45 & Babybird track, didn’t realise they’d collaborated before will search that one out too

1 Like

New William Doyle for me today (as well as Lana)

7 Likes

New Lana Del Rey is very good.

Also new Mint Julep (hazy dream pop) sounds really lovely.

2 Likes

Just finished this, really liked it. Good morning music.

1 Like

Oh yeah, pre-ordered the LP last night, 14 yrs is a long time - parenthood needs a good indie album.

1 Like