New Releases 19/2/2021

I think the Lael album is really special, totally hooked me.

1 Like

Thanks dude

Thought Julien was out today but she’s not is she :frowning:

More synth goodness from Steve Moore. Sounds exactly as you’d expect from the sleeve.

Next week isn’t it?

1 Like

I used the Mogwai attention to compile a one cd best of from their early stuff. Haven’t really engaged with them since Rock Action. Ho hum.

That is some gorgeous packaging!

1 Like

And now for something completely different: Indonesian ambient metal.

4 Likes

The new Mogwai is their best since Hardcore.

Ex:Re with a string section will be worth a listen. The album was good but nothing special, I don’t know if adding a string section will help. I just want a new Daughter album.

Tape Runs Out.
I think they’re a DiSer band. Some good indie music.

2 Likes

That is different!

Yep, properly good

1 Like

Ghetts has a new album out thats getting some good reviews. It also has an Ed Sheeran feature though so proceed with caution

1 Like

I’d never heard of Cassandra Jenkins before but its really nice. Hard Drive has gone straight onto my favourite songs of 2021 playlist.

1 Like

I’ll give this a listen, hoping that Fahim has stuck to production duties this time. I don’t rate him as a rapper, he sounded clunky next to Droog on the last album.

1 Like

then you missed Happy Songs, their best album??

2 Likes

I have a new track out today. First from a new EP i’m putting together.
Melodic Techno, bit darker than my last release. Happy with how it came out.

5 Likes

Jesus Christ this tindersticks album sucks ass

1 Like

Looking forward to it :smiley:

1 Like

Not an album but Bill Callahan, Bonnie Prince Billy, and Cassie Berman have shared a cover of The Wild Kindness:

2 Likes

just another post saying I’d never heard of Cassandra Jenkins before today and this is brilliant. that Hard Drive song sounds like I Trawl The Megahertz! but the rest is reminding of the first Natalie Prass album. lovely stuff.

1 Like