New Releases 2/10/2020

Angie McMahon has a new piano EP out

2 Likes

Another 24-hour-only Bandcamp giant compilation from all your favourite American bands:

https://goodmusic2020.bandcamp.com/album/good-music-to-avert-the-collapse-of-american-democracy-volume-2

Not sure if I actually listened to the first one more than once so far, but will still buy this one too. Good cause and all that!

1 Like

Ahhh yeh - physical release day today

Well I missed it back then so will still check it out! Just had to ensure it went into the correct playlist, vitally important yknow :wink:

1 Like

New record from Efa Supertramp, aka, half of Killdren.

There’s a new track from @rupturerapture for some lovely melodic techno

And a new album by Bound who are a Psyche / Shoegaze band who I can’t work out if they’re great or shit.

3 Likes

Yet another new Arvo Party album

Described as a ‘proper’ album as opposed to the last couple of lockdown albums and the proper follow up to Love Above All, but even that only came out in March

1 Like

21 Savage - bouncy melodic rap with some trap-influenced beats

2 Likes

Roisin Murphy is a definite AOTY contender for me after three listens. It’s basically perfect.

4 Likes

Um…no

New LP from one of the most interesting of the 2nd wave Norwegian black metal bands who have been keeping things interesting for about 30 years now. Looking forward to picking this up later and having a listen…

@FKA_Adam_Jeffson think this one is just as bad…nothing like the music

1 Like

My vinyl copy of this arrived on Monday, all the way from The Netherlands :woman_shrugging:

I had no idea this was coming. Giving it a listen now and it definitely feels a bit ‘side project’.

Don’t think this is on other platforms until the 23rd, but it was put onto Bandcamp yesterday. Greg Puciato’s debut solo album (Dillinger Escape Plan, The Black Queen). Listening to it now, it covers a lot of ground adjacent to both of those bands.

Released today is formed at depth by gold hick. It is a solo project from one of the guys from Broads. It is electronic and dancy and really rather good.

This is great fun - probably his most consistent release for me. LOL at the Morgan Freeman narration, much of it dealing with the definition of a snitch.

Vinyl of this delayed by six weeks :frowning:

the new BLACKPINK is fun

2 Likes

LOL Eartheater does not sound like Sufjan Stevens or Julianna Barwick