New Releases - 20/09/19 (Efterklang day!)

New Efterklang album! I’m so happy they’re back. I had a listen to it at a pre-release evening a couple of weeks ago, but it’s nice to be able to properly listen to it.

Also the second album from Sir Was, from Sweden, which should be good and hopefully quite catchy.

And another Swedish chap called Hans Appelqvist, who I haven’t heard in a while, and may be quite beautiful or weird or something else.

But mostly Efterklang. What non-Efterklang new releases will you be listening to for some reason?

2 Likes

Theres a new Efterklang? Cool i will check that out after work

1 Like

The new Fly Pan Am album is out! Very excited.

6 Likes

Cult of Luna - A Dawn to Fear.

And maybe a listen to the new Mudhoney EP if I can tear myself away from the foregoing.

8 Likes

Hiss Golden Messenger! Gave it a spin already and it’s another great album from him.

3 Likes

Cult of Luna is the one for me. I can’t quite be bothered with Efterklang for some reason.

2 Likes

Joe Armon Jones has a new one today and I love his spacey keyboard thing so that’ll be good. Also quite excited for One True Pairing, the new project from the deep voiced Wild Beast.

2 Likes

Good day for bands I enjoyed 10 years ago

Fly Pan Am
M83
Vivian Girls

1 Like

You can take all of your trendy new releases and shove them because the new Keane album is out! YAAAS.

CULT OF LUNA

If time allows I’ll give the new Chastity Belt a listen too

2 Likes

Blink 182. Seems only fair givin’ it a spin given one of their founding members gifted us proof of life beyond our solar system.

2 Likes

that new soccer mommy single is

4 Likes

Bit of a low-key one for me today. Will probably give Efterklang a listen. Molly Sarle from Mountain Man has a solo album out, so I’ll be giving that a try too. Alabama Shakes never did much for me, but some of the descriptions of the Brittany Howard album have been interesting, so I might add that to the playlist.

1 Like

So good

1 Like

New Monolord is out today for anyone who likes Electric Wizard style doom riffery.

2 Likes

Just saw new CoL is today so absolutely ignore my suggestion in favour of that.

3 Likes

I haven’t heard it yet but by all accounts The Cosmic Dead have gone full Earthless/Acid Mothers Temple with some face melting heavy psych. On an album called The Scottish Space Race. Gonna have a bit of that.

Apart from that today promises to be slow and heavy with Cult of Luna, Monolord and I think Torpor all bringing the tar pit metals.

2 Likes

They played a bunch of this on 6Music this week and out sounded good :+1:

1 Like

Every time I listen to CoL I get an overpowering need to listen to everything by Neurosis, Converge and Mastodon, simultaneously

5 Likes

M83