New Releases 20/11/2020

Got this on now. Proper lovely

2 Likes

Doxil is great fun

1 Like

pg.lost are one of the last post rock bands I give a damn about.
This sounds far more like God is an Astronaut than pg.lost though. Which is odd.

Pig are back for some industrial sleaze, it’s sounding fun on first listen (which is unusual for industrial music :smiley: )

Blush response for industrial techno / EBM. Face melting stuff.

2 Likes

Collaboration album between Lil Uzi Vert and Future sounds great on first listen.

Though the new Craven Faults EP / mini album was next week, but my copy has turned up from Norman this morning!

5 Likes

Came in here to post Hypoluxo. Had never heard them until this morning but listened after seeing a Stereogum AOTW review.

Really good stuff so far - nothing especially original, just incredibly catchy pop-punk. Apparently just what I needed today.

1 Like

One long-awaited release, I Am The Avalanche. Poppy gruff-punk, it is what it is.

and another that I merely didn’t expect given the band’s apparent implosion following their last release, Tired Lion. Great Aussie grunge-throwback band, massive Pumpkins-meets-Press Club vibes on previous releases:

2 Likes

Such a great record… Love this so much.

1 Like

Reid Willis. I can’t put my finger on who he reminds me of. There’s a bit of slower Jon Hopkins, a bit of an industrial clank on the percussion and maybe a bit of Max Cooper vibe (It’s on his label)

3 Likes

Mostly been looking forward to The Cribs and I Am The Avalanche today.

Will give Killer Be Killed a listen too (second album featuring the singers from Dillinger Escape Plan, Cavalera Conspiracy, Mastodon all trying to out wail each other, while in this instance, Converge’s stick waver keeps the tempo)

This is bloody brilliant.

2 Likes

Like the sound of that. I’ll give it a try. Cheers

1 Like

Despite some intriguing prospects listed above, I assume that the Cribs and King Gizz will dominate my airwaves today.

It’s Blinding!

Bit of a jag, but some friends put out a new ep this week - electronic, synthy beats fun FFO maybe Caribou, Bonobo etc if anyone wants to check it out

2 Likes

Ah man what a fun record, loving this

1 Like

It really is.

1 Like

Having missed the film and avoiding the trailers I’m coming to the Nick Cave album completely fresh. It’s utterly lovely, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Holy shit, thank you so much for this recommendation! LOVING it!

1 Like

The Keeley Forsyth ep is superb, as is the Phoebe Bridgers.

There were two great new Tierra Whack songs earlier in the week too. This one is particularly great