Really enjoying this
It’s wonderful isn’t it?
This is really nice. Been listening to a lot of jazz while WFH this year and this sounds like a good one to add into the rotation.
Not a new release, but on a related note I saw some of this last week which was excellent and might be of interest:
Good morning everyone
Last week we had Aesop Rock, Quakers, Ana Roxanne and Jesus as the top picks. What have you all been digging this week?
- 5EPs - Dirty Projectors
- All Ashore - Stayin Afloat
- All Girls Arson Club - No Duh
- Ausecuma Beats - Ausecuma Beats
- Babeheaven - Home for Now
- Badge Époque Ensemble - Self Help
- Blush Response - Void Out
- BTS - BE
- Cabaret Voltaire - Shadow of Fear
- Cecile Believe - Plucking a Cherry From The Void
- Charles Webster - Decision Time
- Cuushe - Waken
- Doxil - Anarchist Pacifism and Friends
- Freschard - Five Mountains
- Grandaddy - The Sophtware Slump … on a wooden piano
- HJELVIK - Welcome To Hel
- Hypoluxo - Hypoluxo
- I Am The Avalanche - DIVE
- Kali Urchis - Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
- Keeley Forsyth - Photograph
- Kiddus - Future Bubblers 4.0
- Killer Be Killed - Reluctant Hero
- King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - K.G.
- King Hannah - Tell Me Your Mind and I’ll Tell You Mine
- Laura Fell - Safe from Me
- Lil Uzi Vert/Future Sounds - Pluto X Baby Pluto
- Lindstrom + Prins Thomas - 3000
- Long Tall Jefferson - Cloud Folk
- Luke Abbot - Translate
- Matthew Halsall - Salute to the Sun
- Megan Thee Stallion - Good News
- Merzbow - Screaming Dove
- Myles Manley - Cometh the Softies
- Nick Cave - Idiot Prayer
- Night Giants - Selector E.P.
- Orchid Mantis - Far From This World
- pg.lost - Oscillate
- Phoebe Bridgers - Copycat Killer
- Pig - Pain is God
- Pixies - Live from Brixton Academy, London. June 2nd 2004
- Public Memory - Ripped Apparition
- Reid Willis - Mother Of
- Routine, Annie Truscott, Jay Som - And Other Things
- Severoth - Vsesvit
- Skelocrats - Boy Botten by a Lizard
- The Bug - In Blue
- The Cribs - Night Network
- The War On Drugs - LIVE DRUGS
- Tierra Whack - feel good
- Tired Lion - Breakfast For Pathetics
- Tombs - Under Sullen Skies
- William Craig, Daniel Lentz - In a Word
Another good week, how am I supposed to start my albums of the year list with this much good music still coming out?
Eurgh just realised I missed a release
Fragile X - Chromatherapy
If anyone enjoyed that give this post a like and we can consider it a vote
Just getting round to listening to this now, it’s pretty good. Really hitting the spot for music to work at pace to. Never really been aware of this act before, think there’s a pub of the same name in Edinburgh though. Is this indicative of their other work?
Good week. I’ll keep coming back to the Cabaret Voltaire, Keeley Forsyth and Charles Webster releases. While I did really like the Grandaddy one too, it mainly made me just want to listen to the original.
I had this saved in my spotify library and had no idea where i’d heard of it from…must be here!
Thanks man, put it on yesterday and it was delightful.
Maybe from where I had already posted it in the fourth reply in this thread!
Glad to see lots of people are enjoying it, my whole household was enjoying it at Sunday breakfast and it’s not often that my wife and kids welcome me putting jazz on.
Missed that - sorry to have stolen your credit!
Great album though.
Thanks dude! It’s crackin’
Rescinded from @bornin69x
I had a similar experience as normally i get the “ughh, not jazz” response and this was just left!
Sorry if it seems I was suggesting you were! Ijust figured that might be how Caedus had mysteriously found it was already there in his Spotify, wasn’t meant to be critical of your sharing your opinion.
I tend to dump my ‘to listen to’ list in these threads when I’m checking out the new releases; might not actively recommend them all after I’ve heard them! So there’s definite value to people coming back in after listening to albums to give a glowing recommendation to something they loved even if it had been mentioned before.
Also big up to @TVDenimChap for the polls, nobody can listen to everything in these threads within one week so I do like seeing what might be good that I hadn’t checked out yet.
Fair enough. Don’t mean to cast doubt over your prodigious listening exploits.
Replace “nobody can” with “most people won’t”.