New releases 21 Feb 2020

I better go back and listen to their other stuff, then, because I quite enjoyed the last one…

1 Like

Dougy Dare will be a nice listen for anyone that liked the last Lana Del Rey album I reckon

Gonna book a ticket to see him live next month.

Ended up listening to Night of your Ascension after all this chat, pretty damn sweet.

3 Likes

It’s so, so good, easily my favourite of everything he’s done. Quite a lot of Hot Chip nods in there too, but that’s par for with Johnny.

On the verge of listening to it for a third time in a row but got other stuff to get through. Mind you, once more can’t hurt…

1 Like

Dutch, obviously

He’s playing in May in Leicester so gonna pop up for that. Met him at a party a few years ago and know people in similar circles but never seen him live.

having a cheeky little listen to the BTS record

Ah nice - just gonna dig into some Dulli now. Seeing him live next month which I’m pretty excited about.

2 Likes

You’re probably right.

this^ is very good on first listen. Glad to have them back.

1 Like

Dulli is so good live. Great frontman/showman.

4 Likes

Yup, seeing him and Lanegan as the Gutter Twins at Leeds fest years ago (edit: 2008) and then seeing the reformed Afghan Whigs at Manchester Cathedral in 2014 are two gig highlights of my life!

2 Likes

Saw him with Twilight Singers with an appearance by Lanegan. I think it was just before Gutter Twins? Then saw him with the Whigs after Do To The Beast. He was excellent both times.

1 Like

As others are saying he’s incredible live. I saw him back in 2006 with the Twilight Singers and his voice was even stronger than on the albums. He has such a magnetic presence too. Possibly the best non-Corgan concert I’ve been to.

Halfway through my first listen and I already love it. 14/14 now, what a career. Easily a top 5 artist for me, maybe even top 3.

3 Likes

Not a new album but I’ll post this here rather than bumping the Joanna Newsom thread and getting people excited for nothing

1 Like

Yeah sadly the Grimes did very little for me outside of 4AEM and IDORU I thought it all sounded kinda underwritten and an unfortunate clash of Visions and Art Angels whilst lacking the ethereal dreaminess of Visions lo-fi production and the punch and tight songwriting of Art Angels

Used to love these, gonna give it a big spin.

1 Like

Tape Runs Out - Sleepwalking Into a Fire

Full disclosure I’m best friends with two members of this band, I played bass with them at a gig once and some of my synths are on this record but still it’s so so good. Experimental indiepop stuff, reminds me in various places of Sparklehorse, Radiohead, Stereolab, Animal Collective and The Field - it goes places.

1 Like