New Releases 22/04/22

HUGE day for new releases. First up for me is the new Fontaines D.C., which sees them stray more into gothic rock territory:

There’s a new one from J. Spaceman and co:

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard cover an enormous amount of ground (even for them) on their new 80-minute opus, with influences ranging from jazz to thrash metal and even hip-hop:

Australian dream-pop artist Hatchie embraces alternative dance and baggy sounds:

What’s on your radar?

19 Likes

New Pusha T is the main one for me.

Pusha T - It’s Almost Dry

Claire Rousay - Everything Perfect is Already Here

New LP from the ‘quiet ambient’ artist.

Green-House - Solar Editions

New EP of unreleased tracks from LA-based ambient / new age artist.

7 Likes

New Kathryn Joseph….

18 Likes

Looking forward to Georgia Harmer’s album.

2 Likes

Pusha T & Fontaines DC both at the top of my list today, closely followed by:

Real Lies - Lad Ash

Sophomore album, some 7 years after their debut, expect tales of late nights over house influenced beats.

7 Likes

Had no idea they were coming out with a new one! Absolutely loved the debut.

2 Likes

After a quiet Easter it’s a very packed schedule today. First on my list was

Poppy Ajudha - THE POWER IN US

Debut album of R&B and soul driven pop from an artist that’s been around the London jazz scene for a while, having featured on tracks with Swindle, Moses Boyd and Tom Misch

1 Like

Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio - Live in Loveland!

A 2018 live set from one of the most joyously fun and funky jazz groups around.

2 Likes

The Lazy Eyes - songbook

Australian psych- rock youngsters who obviously grew up listening to a lot of Tame Impala

4 Likes

Bob Vylan

Punk with a bit of grime and metal thrown in for good measure. Very political, not for fans of the queen or the Conservative party.

7 Likes

That new Real Lies album sounds like an instant classic. Think they’ve really been through the ringer and nearly gave up - but songs like this (written about a friend who went missing) feel elemental.

I so hope it does stuff for them.

3 Likes

Hopefully another beautiful album

2 Likes

Jeanine’s - Don’t Wait For a Sign

Indie Pop from New York. 13 songs in an efficient 20 minutes.

Hoorsees - A Superior Athlete

Parisian jangly guitars

Erasers - Constant Connection

On their third album Constant Connection, West Australian-based Erasers create hypnotic compositions of synth, guitar and voice, evoking the vast expanse of their native landscape and the shrouded emotions behind the senses

2 Likes

Ben Marc - Glass Effect

Debut album from him. Spotify can describe him better than I can…

5 Likes

Also I’ll be all over Fontaines DC and Pusha T.

Debut full length album following their fantastic EP in 2020. Polynesian black metal.

Third full length from USBM band Vanum, not listened to it yet but pre-ordered the vinyl on spec last night based on their previous furious output.

1 Like

Snuff - Crepuscolo dorato della bruschetta borsetta calzetta cacchetta trombetta lambretta giallo ossido, ooooooh cosi magnifico!

Legendary British pop punk band’s worst named album yet. They’re reliably brilliant songwriters though so reckon this will be good, especially if it’s sunny today.

1 Like

redveil - learn 2 swim

New album from the young rapper. FFO Mike, Navy Blue, that kind of laid back stuff.

5 Likes

This is incredibly beautiful and devastating. She continues to just be on another level.

2 Likes

Yes!!!