New Releases 22/1/2021

Good morning all. Another Friday is here. What are you listening to today?

Looking forward to Kiwi Jr. Sub Pop debut for that Canadian jangly pop goodness.

6 Likes

I’ll be on this all day, which came out yesterday.

4 Likes

Loads on my radar today

Bicep!

@worrier1

Biosphere

Still Corners

11 Likes

Speed Stick: featuring members of several North Carolina indie bands you may have heard of, with a cameo by Kelley Deal.

1 Like

New one on Disintegration State by The Gibraltarians. Off-kilter throwback electronica by @Benny16. Mid-90s Warp vibes here.

4 Likes

Came out earlier in the week, I’m very much enjoying Take My Picture, the first track from Wyndow, a collaboration between Laura J Martin and Lavinia Blackwall (ex of Trembling Bells).

1 Like

That Biosphere one… surely not the same guy? Completely different sound to normal?

1 Like

New Pharoahe Monch.

3 Likes

Fucking Spotify eh

Also excited for kiwi jr, have been revisiting their debut and it’s brilliant. And Jim Ghedi later for some atmospheric folk

1 Like

To mark inauguration day, the Dowling Poole put out The Trump Chronicles EP, gathering five of their songs about “the idiot tyrant Trump” from over the years.

Lol it’s him but plays into his hit-and-miss output for me since Dropsonde. Was hoping from the lead single that it would be in the vein of Shenzhou but it just doesn’t feel fully-formed, more like early sketches. Will give it a couple more listens just in case there’s hidden magic.

2 Likes

Was interested to see a new Lemon Jelly song pop up on Spotify. It sounds like a very pale imitation of them, and there seems to be no mention of it elsewhere online. Suspicious of its origins.

Lovely cover art though.

3 Likes

Just spotted Bobby Krlic (Haxan Cloak) has a new soundtrack for The Alienist out.

6 Likes

Thanks for realeasing this and Kris mastering it too (which I think really elevates it) , I know everyone says it but I really tried to arrange it as a sort of narrative which I hope works.

Gacha Bakradze also has a new album out, who I think is pretty underrated.

5 Likes

Loving the Bicep album so far.

2 Likes

James Yorkston’s new album for me.

Also Bicep and Kiwi Jr when I get round to them.

3 Likes

Madeline Kenney has an EP out, nice kinda dreamy indie rock - that’s an uninspiring description but it’s a good version of that

2 Likes

Kiwi Jr for me, really enjoyed last years record and so far this one is hitting the pavement spot for me

The Bicep album is good, eh? Often left cold by the big producers but this lands.

4 Likes