New releases 22nd November

Coldplay are going to have a reappraisal in the same way Fleetwood Mac got to be cool after their peak. So much class stuff in their back catalogue

3 Likes

The main single (the one that sounds like all the other singles from their last couple of albums) is a massive outlier, isnā€™t it? Iā€™ve listened through a couple of time now and, while it doesnā€™t all hit the mark, itā€™s their best album in over a decade for me.

1 Like

New BronsoliƱo

Thereā€™s a new Braids single, but itā€™s a little bit musical theatre or something.

I enjoyed it, thereā€™s nothing close to Earl Grey (which I thought was incredible) on their debut but it was decent enough except maybe the track with the guest rapper.

1 Like

Southampton band A Formal Horse have unleashed their debut album today. Soundwise: proggy, with riffs a-plenty and lovely, soaring, folky vocals. Bloody good stuff!

2 Likes

One for the Ambient etc crowd. Been really liking this today:

Not an artist Iā€™ve been aware of before - was drawn in by the inspiration for the music (Polish filmmaker Kieslowski).

1 Like

Just stuck this on, 3 tracks in, and itā€™s definitely far more interesting than anything theyā€™ve been punting for the last 10+ years

1 Like

Yeah this is a lovely record

Richard Fearless - FFO Daniel Avery. That Acid Angels track is a banger.

1 Like

Enjoying the new one from Billy. A couple of outstanding choruses here:

I picked up the 3cd + DVD + art prints + book Chemical Brothers / Surrender box set. Itā€™s a beautiful thing, and the cd you get with this edition that you donā€™t get with the 2cd version is fantastic too. 21 minutes of Out of Control. Let Forever Be without nearly so much Noel Gallagher on it.

1 Like

Aye itā€™s a cracker, heā€™s in a rich vein of form tbf. His outputs been a bit up and down over the years but he seems to be developing a bit of consistency now, stripping things right back has worked well for him.