New Releases - 23/11/18

Jacco Gardner
Ed Harcourt
Art Brut
Alain Bashung - En Amont (posthumous album from one of the greats of French chanson)

What else?

2 Likes

My Brightest Diamond for me

New Malcolm Middleton album is up first

Then it’ll be Jacco Gardner, Ed Harcourt and, if I can stomach a whole album, Art Brut.

3 Likes

Just listened to Art Brut and it’s brightened up my morning no end. I lost it completely during Awkward Breakfast, at the line “last night, you were being rude with me, now we’re eating BOWLS OF MUESLI!!”

6 Likes

This came out yesterday, love it

Jonsi solo work under the name of Frakkur released today. Think it covers his work 2000-2004

Not that’s it’s on anyway new, but the Dark Was The Night compilation finally has a Spotify release

6 Likes

Can’t quite figure out if that lyric is genius or awful!

2 Likes

The Embassy - White Lake

This album came out on Wednesday. Very much one of my favourite bands. It’s not quite up there with the heights of Tacking but so happy they’re continuing to put out great music. FFO: Gothenburg (Studio, Lissvik, TTA), Madchester.

1 Like

Art Brut and Super Furry Animals Live at the BBC for me.

4 Likes

SFA OK!!

I know what I’m listening to today :smiley:

3 Likes

Finally!

1 Like

Only taken 6yrs

Nice! Had presumed this wasn’t coming to streaming!

Ah, the Art Brut’s full of fun and life. Really enjoying it on first listen - a huge improvement on the Frank Black produced one where he encouraged yer fella to ‘sing’. Just sounded forced and unnatural.

2 Likes

Four tracks in and really enjoying it! I didn’t care for Hospital all that much, but the album’s great.

New Kosmischer Läufer :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

New Thomas Ragsdale is dead good. Cinematic electronics and pleasingly heavy.

5 Likes

Aside from this new Ragsdale album pushing my buttons, the label looks right up my witchy street… further investigations are needed.

2 Likes