New Releases 24/07/20

What’s everyone listening to today?

I’ve got Taylor Swift and Katie Dey lined up.

Also, got a Bandcamp email and @Bamnan’s album is out too!

3 Likes

Swifty
Bamnan

Think that’s it

4 Likes

Jessy Lanza is the biggest one for me. Has two stellar albums under her belt already and the singles are pointing to a third.

8 Likes

Jessy Lanza, Courtney Marie Andrews and Dan Michaelson are the ones for me today.

23 mins of poppy/punky stuff

PJ Harvey demos

4 track EP

Cool jazz stuff

pop punk stuff

Australian Indie

Fans of Phoebe Bridgers etc

Australian experimental pop

bit of lad rock for the lads

4 Likes

illuminati hotties was last week, but it is very good

3 Likes

Not new but I think the Fiona Apple album is finally out on CD today

my spotify release thing letting me down again.

Going to give Cinder Well a listen. Dark American trad folk. She worked with Lankum, apparently, so worth investigating if you like them:

2 Likes

It’s always the same. Excellent band :ok_hand:

1 Like

PJ Harvey and Kamaal top of my list, then all this to check out whilst waiting for Kanye’s album which will definitely drop today sometime.

Jon Hassell - companion piece to a 2018 release from the trumpeter/composer/innovator of ‘fourth world fusion’; FFO densely textured ambient music

Laurence Pike - Australian drummer/electronic musician and member of Szun Waves with an album recorded during the raging fires which tore through his country last year.

Shirley Collins - A very English kind of folk

Sparkle Division - A mix electronics, jazz and disco with WIlliam Basinski on saxophone

Asher Gamedze - “blends free jazz with South African protest music”

Courtney Marie Andrews - Country, “break-up ballads with haunting, poetic lyricism”

1 Like

T
U
N
E

1 Like

New one on Disintegration State by the inimitable Colin Mawson. It’s so so good.

13 Likes

The Laurence Pike record is aaaaaaaaa so fantastic. Right up my street

1 Like

Yeah, Kamaal Williams is the only new release for me this week I think.

Some post black metal. So excited for this but I’m away with the tv and there’s no way I can listen to it till Sunday :confused:

4 Likes

came here to post this! I listened to the youtube stream last night, I think it’s going to be a major grower. Pretty good on first listen but I think it’s going to gradually get better and better with each listen.

Don’t know if you watched any of that stream, I found it quite amusing that they all just sat/stood there silently barely moving except for turning the LP over for the entire 55 minutes! :grinning:

1 Like

This is really, really good. Perfect first-coffee-of-the-morning music.

Listening to Peej’s Dry demos now. She sounds so young.

1 Like

I contributed to this Alzheimers charity album today, as did @worrier1. All the artists had the limitation of making their tracks from manipulating a field recording of their choice up to 5 seconds long. Mine is a drone track made from a sample of the silly baby crying.

5 Likes

Somehow aways thought Jessy Lanza was Jessie J; it appears she is not - she actually sounds tight up my street! Her whole back catalogue to go through as well, result!