New Releases 24/08

Oh more Autechre out today from the NTS sessions

The Residents - I Am A Resident which is a weird fan cover/remix/mash up thing sounds really bloody good first listen. Basically fan covers has been remixed into something new by the band

It’s very medium isn’t it?

I’m going to be a little contrary and say I actually quite like the new Interpol on first listen. Think the production has a bit of a muddy feel that actually makes it feel more distinctive than the last couple of albums. Have to say I found El Pintor pretty boring and actually more like an extension to the s/t album that most people disliked. At least the s/t had some songs that actually stuck in my head.

Oh wow, really can’t get on with her voice :confused:

Thought this’d have been right up your street. Shame. Think it’s pretty decent. The Kiss is a dead good track.

1 Like

Love it

Thought the new Alkaline Trio was out today but it’s next week so I’ve put my eyeliner away until then.

1 Like

Not heard of Whitney Ballen before. This album is great.

1 Like

Hadn’t heard of Nothing before. It’s a good album.

The Four Yet album is incredibly dull. :confused:

Thanks for this description. It’s prompted me to give this a listen. It is very good

3 Likes

If this was for me then you’re right, it is pretty good really. Don’t love her voice still but the first track was the worst for that - every other one had a lot going for it so thanks for making me persevere :slight_smile:

Yea it was, but I’m useless so…

1 Like

It’s great eh

1 Like

What did you make of Justice?

Really enjoying it, but bit of a long-time fan.

1 Like

Pretty similar opinion here, it’s not going to be an all-time live album but I like Justice so I’m always happy to listen to them

1 Like

Yep, all of that^

thanks @dresi

This is really very nice