New releases 24rh April 2020

Stef Fi - Girlhood EP

Solo project of singer and guitarist Stephanie Phillips from London-based feminist punk trio Big Joanie.

1 Like

You could write one single adjective and that would be 5 times more helpful. Lots of people probably don’t have time to listen to all of them, surprisingly enough!

Not listened to the album yet either but ‘Sails’ is fantastic

Wtf? This will likely mean nothing to anybody but Popup have released a second album!

They were a next-big-thing in Scottish indie rock in the mid-00s (I saw them headline above The Twilight Sad at Edinburgh’s Bannerman’s) but dragged their arses a bit when it came to releasing an album and lost momentum. Still, I loved that first album.

Not a single mention of Danzig Sings Elvis. For shame, DiS. For shame.

4 Likes

It’s a piece of shit btw.

5 Likes

Mine was posted on the 17th and still not here so God knows when we’ll get them. Always reluctant to stream before physical copies arrive, just seems to ruin the moment.

1 Like

This is seriously good. Great to discover something completely new that blows your mind. Thanks for the heads up on this

2 Likes

The idea of Twilight at Bannerman’s still blows my mind

2 Likes

I’ve done surprisingly well with The Twilight Sad. Next time I saw them live was years later at Sleazy’s doing an acoustic set in support of a secret Arab Strap gig.

Third time I saw them was supporting The Cure!

5 Likes

glad you like it. shame my favourite song from their recent live sets isn’t on here, must be too new, hope they record it soon.

Combined the 2 Hayley Williams EP. I think thats the entire album (which isn’t due for release until mid May?) I don’t know, the release rollout for this album has been a mess… legit think it’s done more harm than good.

1 Like

Petals for Armor 2 > Petals for Armor 1

I prefer the brighter sound of part 2, just think her voice is better suited to it.

Yeah, really don’t get this. I’m all for artists trying something knew, but if it leads to an album release anyway try and save something for the big bit.

Maybe she’ll include 3/4 of each ep and have another couple on the album.

Started BC Camplight album and the first lyrics are 'I spent Saturday thinking about Buckfast and Space, Dancing Round the kitchen singing Ace of Bass,… I think this albums gunna be alright

As far as I’m aware the plan was to literally split the album in 2 and release it as 2 separate EPs. I’m not holding out for a different tracklist. Though I may be misremembering

Ooh, I hadn’t realised that Sylvan Esso had released a new live album from a concert they did as a ten piece band last year. Just started listening to the first song now, and am looking forward to the next hour of music!

Pretty slow week for me. The Lorenzo Senni album was alright.

Some good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Yep. I’m having that - thanks for sharing.

2 Likes