New Releases 25/11/2022

of course :wink: :rofl:

11 Likes

Got this on now - banger after banger so farā€¦

1 Like

How are we this far into the thread without this coming up?

2 Likes

Elspeth Anne - Mercy Me

Folk singer from the Welsh borders with some inventive originals which span drone to indie-pop and a few traditional songs, all sounding quite interesting.

2 Likes

Because it was out last week!

16 Likes

Because it came out last week?

This post paid for by PROF$.

3 Likes

Are you fucking kidding me

Omg I had a rare day off work last Friday and I completely forgot about the new releases. Dickhead

7 Likes

Was literally the first album posted! Not listened to it myself yet because I didnā€™t really rate the last album that everyone seemed to love but Iā€™ve got it on the list to get round to.

2 Likes

Waajeed - Memoirs of Hi-Tech Jazz

Jazzy house to drive to - specifically between the Underground Music Academy in Detroitā€™s North End to Belle Isle park, in an album inspired by revolutionary efforts against oppressive hegemonies in Detroit and timed for that journey.

2 Likes

Love the font on that

2 Likes

this is so much up my street that itā€™s in my house, standing in front of me with a big grin on its face

1 Like

So far the ones not mentioned areā€¦

Run Logan Run - Nature Will Take Care Of You - LP - Jazz
A far bigger production than their previous releases and on first listen Iā€™m not sure its added much to their tracks when the standouts for me are still the stripped back 3 piece songs. Still though a great album, showng a group looking to expand their sound so always worth a listen. Oh and the preview track should be 'Searching For God In Strangers Facesā€™, no idea why they choose Project Pigeon Missle.

LIONź“˜KLASH - Sanzman Dā€™Akor - LP - Hip Hop
Its a reissue of an old release, but it still sounds excellent. No idea what he is singing about, but Iā€™m completely on board.

1 Like

The David Bowie - Divine Symmetry Hunky Dory boxset thing was what I was most looking forward to. Itā€™s a bit pants though. The demos are dull and not really worth a second listen, the best bits of the BBC sessions were on Bowie at the Beeb, and the live gig - while interesting - jumps from great to shit quality at random. One disc to go.

The deluxe editions of The Cure - Wish and Rival Schools - United by Fate also out today. Very much a down week for new releases for me though.

Edit: Actually, I seem to have a note to check out Elspeth Anne - Mercy Me. Very folky, possibly along the same lines as Stick in the Wheel, but Iā€™ve not had a chance to listen to more than a few seconds yet. (Edit 2: Sorry, @Octobadger - Looks like you beat me to it on this one.)

edit - already posted

Various Artists - fabric Selects I

Dance/electronica. 4th release on the new fabric Originals label is this compilation ā€œplacing some of the greatest emerging names amongst some of the worldā€™s most established underground producers and selectors together on one compilationā€.

1 Like

Amii Stewart track - Rocky Woman - is incredibleā€¦

Came out last weekā€¦

Ah fuck

Just listened to the Run Logan Run album and itā€™s not bad. Not sure itā€™s something iā€™d revisit too often though. The Waajeed album though is really fucking good. Excellent jazzy house, can see this getting a fair few spins in the coming weeks. May even sneak into my AOTY list.

1 Like