New Releases 26/10/2018

New releases from Soap & Skin

and Laura Gibson

are both my must-buys from today. Soap & Skin is so long overdue, and the new Laura Gibson songs I’ve heard so far sound really promising.

2 Likes

ROBYN! It’s good.

2 Likes

Had a listen to the new Julia Holter on the way in. Was very nice. Back towards her earlier stuff.

Also have Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Daughters and Penelope Trappes lined up for the weekend

1 Like

so far I’ve got Robyn, Daughters, Thom Yorke and Saves The Day lined up. I’m particularly excited for the first two.

I’m about halfway through Thom Yorke. Enjoying it so far. As atmospheric as expected, less beat driven that Eraser, some vocal tracks too.

1 Like

Robyn and frankly nothing else matters when there’s Robyn (but also NAO)

3 Likes

Lisa O’Neill’s new one (if I can find it).

1 Like

IAN SWEET is great as expected.

Adding The Berries - Start All Over Again. For anyone who likes folky stuff.

8 Likes

All about Julia Holter today!

Also looking forward to checking out the boygenius EP, Thom Yorke, Jessica Moss, Jasmine Guffond and Daughters.

Pretty good week.

2 Likes

oh, Our Girl have what looks like a stripped down version of their album out too

2 Likes

Is boygenius out yet? Not up on Spotify and physical release isn’t until 9th of Nov I think

It’s there but it’s listed under the individual singers.

1 Like

Ooooooo

Holy shit, there it is!
running around the room, squealing and flailing uncontrollably

6 Likes

Robyn, Daughters, Nao, Julia Bolter. Strong day!

I really hope that Nao doesn’t get overlooked on accounts of the Robyn album coming out the same day.

3 Likes

New Julia Holder preorder doesn’t seem to have been dispatched but I’m hoping the postie will surprise me with it

New Antarctigo Vespucci out today. Can’t get enough Jeff Rosenstock at the moment, so will be listening to more of this.

2 Likes

New Mica Levi has a collaboration with Eliza McCarthy out. Doesn’t seem to be up on Spotify though. Might just risk a punt on that.

1 Like