New releases 26/3/21

real estate have a new EP out

3 Likes

No one will give a shit about this, but the new Black Spiders album is out today:

proper rock music, with proper haircuts.

Floating Points, STR4TA and Lost Girls for me this week although I’m going to hold off buying any until Bandcamp Friday next week.

Loney Dear is top of my list today – he’s done lots of really interesting live improvs from his flat in Stockholm the last few months so I’m really excited to finally hear the album.

2 Likes

Lots of good stuff out today, NewDad’s Waves EP is on my list.

L’impératrice - Tako Tsubo is a slice of incredibly French disco funk House music. Very much enjoying this one so far.

1 Like

I’ll be checking out a bunch of stuff that’s entirely new to me:

The Noga Erez album mentioned above^.

Some floaty folky stuff from Renée Reed:

Lo-fi bedroom guitar bloke, MJ Lenderman:

and some beats from Braemar by Youth Team:

4 Likes

I have a couple of their albums on ludicrously coloured vinyl from when they played at the Craufurd Arms in Wolverton. My old local.

1 Like

been looking forward to this for months

1 Like

Good man, also, love the Craufurd Arms! Seen Crazy Arm and Therapy? there!

A lot of rock or rock adjacent stuff that has potential…

Think this is going to be my album of the week; warm, fuzzy math rock from Chicago:

Shoegazey post-punk from LA

I would call this post-rock:

Here’s some more guitar-based music!

Swedish stoner rock:

“Cello-driven pop-punk” from Brooklyn

French space disco

Japanese Jon Hopkins-esque beats

6 Likes

Mehro - SKY ON FIRE

Found him via NPR last month. A quite nice polished (extended) EP / mini album. Alt-pop-indie sort of sounds. Sounds good!

I used to play there myself, plus saw Alien Ant Farm and Lit, both of which were exactly what you’d expect but good fun.

1 Like

Death from Above 1979 have a new one out today called “is 4 lovers”

I’ll give it a spin for old times sake despite the title.

Damn, there is A LOT out today. Armand Hammer/Alchemist, Floating Points/Sanders, serpantwithfeet, STR4TA and DFA1979!

Although DFA1979’s last one wasn’t that great, so I’m sceptical about it.

New Chris Corsano & Bill Orcutt album. Brace Up! is great, so looking forward to this too.

5 Likes

Listening to Young Shakespeare - the latest Neil Young archival live album - and it is as incredible as you’d expect. Very reminiscent of Live at Massey Hall (recorded just 3 days after that show apparently) and just sounds so intimate and lovely.

2 Likes

Jazzrausch Bigband - téchne

Techno-influenced big band jazz from Munich

3 Likes

Don Kapot - Hooligan

Brussels free jazz trio with krautrock and afrobeat leanings:

5 Likes

Oooh that sounds interesting!

2 Likes