New Releases 26/6/20

Lots of new stuff out today. Jam Packed.

Nadine Shah
Haim
Khrungbin
LYR (Simon Armitage’s new band)

What’s on other people’s radars?

1 Like

Not seen too much this week, but currently checking out the Soccer96 ep, which is a couple of people from the comet is coming. Sounds a bit like a krautrock art brut of all things.

• Nadine Shah
  • HAIM
  • Brigid Dawson and the Mothers Network (Resident’s AOTW)
  • Pottery
  • Woods

Collaborative lp so no idea what it’ll really sound like but it involves Bell Witch who made one of my favourite lps of the last five years (slow doom metal with almost all the actual metal elements removed) ‘Mirror Reaper’, so I’m stoked for this!

3 Likes

Looking forward to checking this out too, I’m glad they’ve split the tracks up into more manageable chunks (ie 3 20 minute long songs instead of 1 hour-long track!)

Also got the new Hum album lined up - decent 90s spacey, gazey hardcore band’s first album in 22 years, FFO Failure, Quicksand, Pumpkins’ more fuzzy moments etc. The tracks I’ve heard so far are excellent.
I’ve like all the recent HAIM songs so I’ll check that out too.
Shame HIM aren’t releasing anything new today.

6 Likes

There appears to be a new Daniel Avery…

12 Likes

‘Jammed with exuberant, celebratory disco anthems’ -mojo

2 Likes

Pye Corner Audio- Where Things Are Hollow 2 EP (electronic)
Simon Scott- Migrations (ambient/drone)

5 Likes

It’s all about Paysage d’Hiver for me today. Might not be able to give it a full listen until this afternoon as it’s a big bugger!

2 Likes

Jessie Ware

Secret Machines seem to released a new single :hushed:

Lianne La Havas has done a studio version of her cover of Weird Fishes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

oooo this has slipped past me, add that to the list.

Where did this come from??? Not even a press release or anything on social media. Is it one of those accidental uploads??

3 Likes

Arca
Jessie Ware
And Daniel Avery apparently?? Very pleasing.

Got quite a few albums to check out today based on seeing interesting cover art on albumoftheyear. Was really into the two singles from Berejú by Agrupación Changó - a joyful Colombian thing with group vocals and big drumming

5 Likes

Also not sure if I’m gonna find two hours to get deep but this sounds pretty wild:

2 Likes

Happy Friday folks

Japenese psychedelic rock

chilled out american stuff (the chap that sang trrrooouuubbbllleeee)

My pick for this week - australian afrobeat/psychadelic/indie VERY COOL

Mostly instrumental jazzy/psych stuff - worth a listen!

Get your fix of easy indie stuff, tis good

for fans of soundscape /drone stuff

indie songwriter stuff, tis nice fans of lucy dacus etc

indie/jazz perfect sumer vibes

Australian indie pop

some nice power pop

folk/americana/songwriter

Swedish progressive pop - recommend

kind of lykke li / hiphop 17 years old and brilliant

20 Likes

Japandroids have a new live album out - Massey Fucking Hall. They are a fun live band so will be checking that out today.

5 Likes

Good posting

3 Likes

Ridiculous week when it’s already hard enough to narrow down to a top 5 for the June AotM vote. Tempted to go on strike. If I don’t, got these lined up after the tons of good stuff already listed:

Soul

House
Jazz

The second track on this Daniel Avery record is far too banging for this time in the morning :+1:t2:

2 Likes