New releases 26th November 21

We we got on today folks?

Richard Dawson & circle have a new album

11 Likes

Had a quick flick this this and sounded nice.

Nice chill funky jazz instrumentals

Looking forward to giving the new Julie doiron a proper listen

6 Likes

New R.A.P. Ferreira (chilled, wordy, alternative hip hop)

10 Likes

New Pye Corner Audio - “majestic, cinematic electronica that evokes sci-fi soundtracks, dystopian futures and the sound of haunted dance floors”

16 Likes

New Saint Etienne Christmas EP

5 Likes

The Chisel - Retaliation

UK punk featuring members from Big Cheese & Chubby and the Gang. Produced by Jonah Falco of Fucked Up. Expect it to be shouty, fast paced and politically charged.

5 Likes

I spent most of the week listening to Xploding Plastix so never checked on new releases so looking forward to all your suggestions. However some of the beats I’ve had on so far today that I enjoyed are:-

Sello Molefi with ZEDSIX - Morolong - World
“The album is part of an ongoing experiment in re-shaping American and African jazz standards through hip-hop. An all star series of collaborations investigate the intersection of boom-bap and be-bop, re-configured to sound like the future” Looking forward to the next release as this is a great start.

Giuseppe Malinconico - Up for play! - Jazz Fusion
Italian pianist who plays playful melodies with odd timing. "He is inspired by bands like Supertramp, Queen, Dream Theater and pianists like Michel Petrucciani, Hiromi Uehara and Tigran Hamasyan."… I’m not sure I hear it, except for perhaps the odd Rock drum roll; still worth a listen though.

Alex Malheiros - Tempos Futuros - Funk
A Brazilian bassist who is one third of Azymuth, who shouldn’t be confused with the UK jazz band Azimuth nor the metal band. So far liking this as some background funky beats.

4 Likes

It’s so good :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Just going to be this on repeat all day I think :blush:

3 Likes

I’ll give this a go. Flaming Lips enlist 13 year old Nell Smith for an album of Nick Cave covers

Flaming Lips covers albums are usually very hit and miss, but the singles for this were nice and understated.

2 Likes

DIS Collaborative Playlist emptied and ready for refilling!

3 Likes

Mostly excited for this today

3 Likes

paging @mouthbreather what you got for me today dude

No new material on this Sunn O))) BBC Session but I prefer all 3 tracks to the album versions. The trombone ‘solo’ on Troubled Air is beautiful.

4 Likes

Crimeapple - Sancocho

Latest from Crimeapple on Fat Beats. FFO Griselda, Big Ghost, Underground Hip-Hop in general.

3 Likes

Ooh that’s exciting

1 Like

its great

1 Like