New Releases 27/05/22

What is on everyone’s radar today? Not a lot for me but will give the new Wilco a spin.

Wilco - Cruel Country

Also, first impressions of the debut from Haai are pretty positive. “Break-neck techno that tries to transcend the club without turning its back on it”. Features Alexis Taylor and Jon Hopkins.

HAAi - Baby, We’re Ascending

9 Likes

Murkage Dave - The City Needs A Hero

1st album was ace this should be and all some cracking singles released. Been really looking forward to this for ages. Massively overlooked by some corners of the music press hopefully this will change it.

1 Like

Solo album by Jenny Lee from Warpaint gets a digital release. The opening song features Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode. There’s also a Fugazi cover.

6 Likes

Your Old Droog - Yod Stewart

Latest project from the ever busy rapper.

7 Likes

Big one for me today are Just Mustard. Irish rock band using noise, loud guitars and industrial strength drums, with a honey voiced female singer on top. Sort of like a 21st Century Scheer?

Absolutely rinsed their last album so very excited for this today.

20 Likes

They’re more like Cranes than Scheer but I’m very excited for it. :grin:

4 Likes

700 Bliss for me

Sort of Techno Rap…. I guess.

And Dehd, sort of jingly 80’s style indie….

1 Like

I’ll be giving this a go but I’m not quite sure why

1 Like

Bright eyes companion ep

1 Like

Brian Jackson - This Is Brian Jackson

Soul-jazz-funk from the ledendary flautist and keyboardist next known for his work with Gil Scott-Heron.

Catrin Finch & Seckou Keita - Echo

Harp and kora duo, next-level world folk fusion.

EABS - 2061

Polish spiritual sci-fi influenced jazz.

Hus KingPin - Threesome 3: The Voyeur Edition

Sleazy sequel from the prolific rapper.

Jazzrausch Bigband - Emergenz

German jazz techno crossover group. Big beats and heavy horns.

Jean Carne - Jazz is Dead 12

Jazz singer who has worked with an incredible list of musicians, Duke Ellington, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and Roy Ayers, is the guest for the 12th instalment of the Jazz is Dead series from Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Adrian Younge.

Nduduzo Makhathini - In The Spirit Of Ntu

South African jazz pianist and composer with the first release on the new Blue Note Africa imprint, which is one I’ll be following closely.

Yama Warashi - Crispy Moon

Jazzy art pop from a London-based Japanese artist who has worked with Trash Kit and Vanishing Twin.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Will be checking out YOD too, the guy just can’t stop releasing music.

Will also try the new Bishop Nehru in the hopes he finally delivers on his early promise. If nothing else, at least it’s a strong contender for worst artwork of the year

5 Likes

Actually there are a few of these bright eyes EPs out

Maybe I missed something

All 3 of them are out

1 Like

Punk Rock Factory - A Whole New Wurst 2
Prolific Welsh punk rock cover merchants latest album of Disney soundtrack covers

FFO: Putting something on for the kids in the car and enjoying it more than them, those wall decorations that say you’re a Disney family and hakuna matata but in a house show house

2 Likes

Oh wow I went right past this in the release lists as the name didn’t mean anything to me but this is very exciting!

2 Likes

Smoke Or Fire - Beauty Fades
Lawrence Arms ish melancholy punk

FFO: Vans slip ons but sad

1 Like

Will give just mustard a go as I’ll be seeing them Sunday

Och ** Pö om pö**
Kosmische / psych. Last album was nice so will be giving this a go.

3 Likes

Mutant amapiano from Tribal Brothers on Livity Sound

3 Likes