New releases 28/2/20

What you all got listed (with brief descriptions please!) for this wet and windy Friday?

I’m very excited for Caribou (think 4tet but maybe more extrovert) and Princess Nokia (hip hop star whose last record went off into goth and rock a bit)

1 Like

Cheeky EP out on Disintegration State by Sunbane aka @Elights - little bit of early Aphex, little bit of apocalyptic rave.

14 Likes

Big day today

Caribou
Soccer Mommy - melancholic indie pop
The Orielles - disco funk, dream pop, electronic exotica and ‘70s highlife
Real Estate - indie pop
Juniore - http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=66446

Plus new Ty Segall, Greg Dullli, Sink Ya Teeth

5 Likes

All the best people will enjoy this record.

4 Likes

Just insect ark.
If a metal band sound tracked a spaghetti western. I hope there’s less drone on this album.

3 Likes

OBJECTION!

6 Likes

This description alone means that I’ll be checking this out.

8 Likes

Not for me Clive :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

SUSTAINED!

Ben

2 Likes

Bill?

This sounds right up my street

1 Like

Really looking forward to hearing the Pulled By Magnets album

See Rochford (of Polar Bear/Acoustic Ladyland) with his new band making grindcore/drone/ambient inspired stuff. Everything the guy touches is gold in my opinion.

5 Likes

God the penultimate track on the Caribou is a weapons grade banger.

3 Likes

The third album by Dutch black metal duo Fluisteraars is released today. I listened to the stream on Metal Injection last night and they still retain their beauty of repetition but this time I definitely heard the presence of some horns! Like their previous albums I think repeated listens will reap great rewards!

5 Likes

Thanks for this tip - had no idea Seb was behind Pulled by Magnets (even after listening to Slow Shrouded Aisle)

1 Like

Ok, this is going to be a busy weekend. I’ve just added the following releases to my playlist:

Sink Ya Teeth,MALKA,The Orielles,Tycho,Wasted Shirt & Ty Segall,Kamaal Williams,Alfa Mist,Juniore,Grimm Grimm,The Mauskovic Dance Band,Caribou,Sunbane,Pulled by Magnets

1 Like

Yes! I use their last album at least once a week to get our baby to sleep :grinning:

3 Likes

Waiting for The Orielles to arrive, but Juniore will do in the meantime.

I’d like to recommend Ratboys – Printer’s Devil (https://ratboys.bandcamp.com/album/printers-devil). It’s female-fronted American alt-rock overflowing with catchy hooks and evocative lyrics. FFO Hop Along, Courtney Barnett, etc.

3 Likes

Brilliant! I would never have guessed black metal could be used as a lullaby!