🦋🆕 New Releases 28 July 23 🆕 🦞

The final Brad album is out today. Pieced together following Shawn Smith’s death :frowning: A more soulful take on the 90s Seattle alternative thing, FFO Satchel, Pigeonhead, Pearl Jam (obvs).

Also, not strictly a new release but it might as well be because it’s not been available since 1992 and I’ve never heard it - the third Ffa Coffi Pawb album. Welsh language indie SFA precursor fronted by Gruff Rhys.

5 Likes

Busy week!

Swiss Portrait - The Crippling Pain of Happiness

Lo-fi/dreampop from Glasgow

5 Likes

New DJ Koze EP. Wespennest might be one of his best ever tunes.

1 Like

Hyll - Sŵn o’r Stafell Arall

Welsh language indie rock from Cardiff.

3 Likes

Heroin - Discography

Via Southern Lord, regular release of previously RSD only compilation of San Diego 90s hardcore/emo band

5 Likes

All about Mutoid Man and Carly Rae, together at last (what a Collab that would be)

2 Likes

Various Artists – Godspeed… A Tribute to Pierre Kezdy

Benefit record for Naked Raygun/Pegboy bassist who passed away in 2020. Naked Raygun Covers from Hot Water Music/Jawbox/Pegboy

https://godspeed-tribute.bandcamp.com/album/godspeed-a-tribute-to-pierre-kezdy-of-naked-raygun

1 Like

Well, that Dexy’s album was quite a ride. Starts off like an attempt to recapture past glories, then takes a sharp left turn.

Some of it is great, some of it is… I don’t know… odd.

1 Like

Couple of hip-hop bits not already posted…

Crimeapple & Clovis Ochin - Cacio & Pepe

Fourth (I think) project of the year for Crime

Tony Touch presents: The Def Tape

The soundtrack to a documentary about Mixtapes (Aug 2nd on Paramount+ apparently) features a whole host of rappers including; Redman, Slick Rick, Rick Ross, Jeezy, Conway The Machine, Benny The Butcher, N.O.R.E., Chuck D, Jadakiss…

2 Likes

Jessy Lanza, Carly❤️Rae❤️Jepsen, Georgia and this DJ Koze EP? I predict some seat shuffling today

2 Likes

think this basically sums up what i want from a Dexys album in 2023

2 Likes

Together at last!

2 Likes

Brilliant cover and title, right on the money for me

Not sure I’ve heard all the last 3, am I losing touch??

1 Like

Big hefner vibes

I wasn’t expecting to type the following in 2023.

The new Dexy’s is great fun. Rowland’s gone for a variety of styles with confessional lyrics…sometimes a bit embarrassing but fair enough.

Some simple pop songs where the vocals are more spoken than sung. Some have a musical feel and even song and dance numbers from a guest during 3,2,1 or The Two Ronnies. One track sounds slightly like The Fall. “It’s Alright Kevin” is brilliantly cheesy but can’t find a video to that and so will post this similar styled one instead.

All about Pia Fraus for me today (Estonian legends of the dream pop scene, Sean O’Hagan of Stereolab/High Llamas fame does string arrangements on a number of tracks)

3 Likes

Based on the Boomkat write up I’m defo getting this…. ambient rap from Yungwebster

https://boomkat.com/products/yungwebster

2 Likes

The Clientele and Beverly Glenn Copeland both releasing records on the same day is a very heartwarming occurrence for me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m sure you must have heard one of: YDFWC?3, Kilometros & El Cantante?!

There’s so much to keep up with Hip-Hop/Rap wise to be fair, easy to loose track what you have & haven’t heard

1 Like