🐿 🦞 New Releases 28 June 2024 🦞 🐿

Interesting week shaping up to end the month. The standout for me is:

Loma – How Will I Live Without A Body?

Atmospheric art-rock greats’ long-awaited 3rd album. Perhaps better suited for a November release than in sun-soaked early summer, but the singles sound great nonetheless.

16 Likes

And some others I’ll be checking out:

Oh Hiroshima – All Things Shining

Swedish post-rock

Laughing – Because It’s True

Laughing are Montreal-based rock n’ rollers who take cues from some of the greatest pop songwriters of the past five decades. Four unique voices from across the Canadian expanse. Cross-stiched material and temporary ego sublimation serve them well in their pursuit of the holy grail: a perfect song.

Storefront Church – Ink & Oil

LA musician’s latest album, inspired by his Uncle Rodger who disappeared from prison in 1993, never to be heard from again.

The Folk Implosion – Walk Through Me

Always nice to have more Lou Barlow in my lif.e

Sour Widows – Revival of a Friend

Indie rock, FFO Bully/Soccer Mommy

Lame Drivers – Become an Island

Jangly pop rock from NYC

9 Likes

A couple of Rap/Hip-Hop albums at the top of my list today…

Boldy James & Conductor Williams - Across The Tracks

Boldy’s having a quieter year than the past few so far, this only his 2nd Album of 2024. Hoping Conductor has resisted going overboard with the use of his producer tag.

Previous Industries - Service Merchandise

Open Mike Eagle, Video Dave & Still Rift are Previous Industries. Singles have been decent & always happy to give Open Mike Eagle projects a go

9 Likes

Fortieth album from Guided By Voices

5 Likes

New album from the Parker brothers of Nosferatu D2/Tempertwig/Superman Revenge Squad, released on Audio Anthero.

Indie-emo, spoken word. Perhaps for fans of Los Campesinos! Etc

I’ve had these recordings since January, and I’m glad others will get to hear it.

8 Likes

Pijn - From Low Beams of Hope

2nd album from Manchester band who are on the more instrumental side of post-hardcore. Super-excited for this; their track Weave In from 2022 was my favourite thing I’d heard that year. Their split with Conjurer wasn’t bad either.

11 Likes

New Wilco EP

5 Likes

The Drin – Elude the Torch
Post-punk

Deep layers of saxophone, synthesizer, percussion, strings and opaque environments stir with flickering emotion across ‘Elude the Torch’, while D McCartney’s nebulous verbiage and grim auguries paint landscapes within the rock ‘n roll murk. - Bandcamp

4 Likes

Dirty Three - Love Changes Everything

Warren Ellis & Co with more filmic post-rock.

Try not to have that Climie Fisher song going through your head when you read the album title.

14 Likes

Outlander - Acts of Harm

Jesu influenced post metal.

5 Likes

Black Moth Super Rainbow - Brain Waster (single)

First track in ages from the woozy vocoder psych band.

1 Like

Bartosz Kruczyński - Dreams & Whispers

Lovely delicate shimmering ambient goodness on Balmat.

6 Likes

Shackleton & Six Organs of Admittance - Jinxed by Being

Collaboration between Sam Shackleton and Ben Chasny. “Deep bass rumble meets ritual folk on an album filled with post-apocalyptic dread,” according to The Quietus. The vocals work really well.

9 Likes

Collab album from James Blake and Lil Yachty

1 Like

Gila - Domain Expansion

Bass music from Denver, hard to quantify beyond that but well worth your time. Hasn’t released anything for a few years so I kind of assumed he’d packed it in until this popped up on Bandcamp.

2 Likes

What a day btw, new Dirty Three, Drin and Shackleton/Six Organs collab is almost too much.

Theo Bleak and The Twilight Sad - Don’t Borrow Grief From Later

Unexpected track from Twilight Sad, duet with Theo Bleak who I’ve not heard before. Sounds as you’d expect, given TTS, the singer’s last name, and the song title. Beautiful.

2 Likes

Lots of new stuff today! A nice mix too…

Mabe Fratti - Sentir Que No Sabes

Not good at descriptons. Experimental, ambient art pop maybe?

Hiatus Kaiyote - Love Heart Cheat Code

Aussie soul/funk/psych groups fourth album, first in 3 years.

YUNGMORPHEUS & Alexander Spit - WAKING UP AND CHOOSING VIOLENCE

New one from one of the most underrated rappers out there IMO. Been on a really good run for the past 3/4 years.

Megan Thee Stallion - MEGAN

Will no doubt have some poppy stuff and some rap bangers.

Prefuse 73 - New Strategies For Modern Crime Volume 2

Really enjoyed the first volume of the glitchy hip hop/electronic producer. Was more jazzy than I would be.

I think that’s everything. With those, James Blake/Lil Yachty, Boldy James and Previous Industries, I have 8 albums to get through. Oh yeah!

12 Likes

Channel Tres - Head Rush

Debut album from Compton rapper/producer, Channel Tres. This should be a lot of fun.

3 Likes

Washed Out - Notes from a Quiet Life

First album in four years. Hazy synths, electronica, dream pop etc.

4 Likes