New releases 28th June 2019

Real talk

I just noted with some joy a new album from Dive Dive (excellent Oxford indie/alternative band who double as Frank Turner’s backing band). Had no idea a new one was coming.

A great week for me, with three very good albums.

First is Old Amica - Taiga

I love this band to pieces. This is an instrumental album this time, but really quite lovely. Hopefully they’ll come back with a vocal album soon.
@NeilYoung - this album has been released on the same label as Glasbird - you posted their lovely album cover of the blue house in front of some mountains. I was scrolling through the label’s previous releases and recognised this cover!

Henning Fuchs - A New Beginning

I saw him and his string quartet last year at Daylight Music (where this video is from) and went and bought the album afterwards. Although I think it was just a special pre-released album, as it has only just come out properly this week. At least I can say that I’ve listened to it lots since last year and love it and its neo-classical type sounds.

Nev Cottee - River’s Edge

He’s got a beautiful deep voice and some kind of mix of Americana and Lee Hazlewood and someone else I can’t quite place. Wasn’t sure what song to pick, but the last 30 seconds of this one is perfect.

2 Likes

Yes! Whitelabrecs, I have this one on the list definitely going to be checking it out tomorrow.

Nev Cottee album sounds great. Heard a bit of his stuff before but its never quite clicked until now.

Same here. I had listened to little bits of his previous albums, but wasn’t as convinced, but the new one works really well. Am listening to his older ones again now, and they seem better than my past impressions.

1 Like

Erin Durant - Islands. Lovely county/Americana released on Keeled Scales. Anyone who likes their roster will be into it I think. @rich-t thinking of you as a Sun June fan

1 Like

Didn’t realise it was out, but the singles have been beautiful

1 Like

Thanks (again), @paulo13 - lovely stuff this.

1 Like

still loving the shit out of this, which technically came out on Wednesday the 26th

This is lovely! thanks for posting. Big fan of the Sun June album and managed to see them three times at a festival a couple of weeks ago. Three completely different sets too. Going to check out the rest of the Keeled Scales roster on the back of this!

1 Like

Jordan Moser has a great record coming out 26 July who is worth a listen

1 Like

Just listening to the Keeled Scales spotify playlist, Jordan Moser was the second track on shuffle. Road to Trouble ft Molly Burch.

Molly Burch was my top discovery at the aforementioned festival. And its great to see Buck Meek of Big Thief on Keeled Scales too. Everything is linking up!

Haha excellent…Molly Burch sings on every track of the new record (although Road to trouble is the only real duet). Theres a new record coming from RF Shannon too which is lovely

2 Likes

Awesome stuff!

Wasn’t paying attention, but Paul Woolford has put out the second in his series of 4 ‘rave’ albums to be released this year:

First was natch, so looking forward to this when I can get my hands on it.