New Releases 29/1/2021

Hello everyone, what is on the menu today?

Two records for me which I hope will live up to my internal hype.

Sun June - Somewhere

Goat Girl - On All Fours

2 Likes

Madlib!!!

11 Likes

Messed up, Sun June is out next week. Damn it!

Happpppppy weeeeezer dayyyyyy

2 Likes

Weezer

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing the Divide and Dissolve album. Annoyed that the physical formats don’t come out for a month. Never know whether or not to listen to it now.

2 Likes

Yeah, looks like they’ve put it back a week :frowning:

New Besnard Lakes bis out today if anyone is interested

4 Likes

Crazy Arm’s new one is out today which I’m looking forward to blasting later. FFO: Against Me, big riffs, the West Country.

I haven’t listened to a Lucero album since 1372 Overton Park so will give this a go. FFO: The Hold Steady, Bruce Springsteen, checked shirts

1 Like

Looking forward to Arlo

11 Likes

A couple of things that came out earlier in the week that I’ve been enjoying.

Heels, the first track of the forthcoming Billy Nomates EP

Binaural Space - Karel Capek’s RUR

A concept album based on the Karel Čapek play which debuted 100 years ago this week (the play that popularised the term, ‘robot’). The album uses spoken bits from a 1937 radio adaptation of the play mixed in with ambient-y electronica. The Bandcamp page explains it all better than me Karel Čapek's RUR | Binaural Space

And today, there’s urdata by Katie Dey, which is remixes of the mydata album - expecting glitchy electro love songs.

3 Likes

For me, today is going to be mostly about The Notwist’s first album in seven or so years:

Looking forward to Arlo Parks too.and the Katie Dey remixalvum - although maybe that will just be a one listen thing.

There looks like there are a few other things released too, but I’m off to listen to The Notwist first.

8 Likes

New one by Simon McCorry. Cello-led ambient experimentation.

2 Likes

Listening to Arlo Parks you can practically hear Jools Holland edging towards his piano to boogey over the top. Proper Hootenanny grade stuff. Wasn’t expecting such beige

New albums / EPs to listen to over the course of the week:

Lambert
LNZNDRF
Binker and Moses
Sweatson Klank
Nice Biscuit
Cathedral Bells
QNA
Sulka
Justice

Justice??? Thats come out of nowhere!

Singles off of this have been good, so it promises to be decent

1 Like

Madlib and Notwist for me today.

Chris Garneau - The Kind

On the one hand, angelic vocals and lush instrumentation. On the other hand, reflecting, relishing, and releasing emotional childhood wounds.

Easy listening it ain’t.

3 Likes

Woah, didn’t realise the Madlib album was out digitally today. I’d only really seen the physical release date. All over that this morning :+1:

2 Likes

The debut from Anna B Savage who released a really good EP a few years ago.

Mica Levi has another mini album out too.

1 Like