New Releases 29/1/2021

Tamar Aphek for me today, noirish alt rock. The preview tracks have been good, looking forward to this

2 Likes

Rats On Rafts - Excerpts From Chapter 3: The Mind Runs A Net Of Rabbit Paths

Third album from Dutch punk-laced noiseniks.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve just listened through to the Katie Dey one. Had its moments, but won’t be rushing back. I don’t think that glitchy sound is for me really. My favourites were the ones that largely avoided all that, like Loving (Baths remix) and Hoping (default genders remix).

Arlo Parks for me too. Hoping my LP arrives today.

2 Likes

Not groundbreaking or anything, but a Besnard Lakes album is a good thing imo

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to the Anna B Savage album also. I loved her EP, and when I saw her play live supporting DM Stith six or so years ago. Will be good to hear a full album of songs.

Besnard Lakes for me then

Nothing will ever beat The Besnard Lakes Are The Roaring Night imho. What an album.

2 Likes

Ofc not, that is a storming album

Leafing by Leafing. I added this record to my bandcamp wish list while browsing a few weeks back & I’m looking forward to having a listen after the Notwist. From what I remember it’s vaguely mathy indie (they describe it as “math pop” but I refuse to describe anything that way).

2 Likes

It’s excellent - hadn’t heard of them before this came up, so thanks!

1 Like

The new one on Cue Dot is sounding really nice. Ambient but with one eye on the club four tet kinda vibes.

2 Likes

Badmixday - Goya

Electronica. Not really sure what to describe it as beyond that. From the bandcamp page: “One that pulls pieces from downtempo, jazz, experimental electronica, classical, and instrumental hip-hop.”

First four tracks have started the day well.

2 Likes

Happy Madlib Day dudes!

a18ade44c9dc8620a54b302764910724

19 Likes

https://open.spotify.com/album/66yW9QGXd8mg3WEPTP2zQr?si=o2MmgEfqQ7ukO_SROys_Iw

No matter what I do, I can never read Besnard Lakes without thinking about that Barenaked Ladies band.

3 Likes

British rapper Fredo has an album out today.

New Laura Cannell and Kate Ellis collab EP

Their last EP together was brilliant so I have high hopes

3 Likes

Loads today. Weezer, Madlib, Arlo Parks, Goat Girl, Sulka (slackerish-pop on Lost Map) and Fergus McCreadie Trio (jazz piano that I caught a live set from at Celtic Connections). I’m pretty sure there’s something else I’ve entirely forgotten about too.

1 Like

So hot for new Crazy Arm