New Releases - 29/10/2021

Sorry Spen, I was a little surprised nobody else included it already. On first listen I’ve quite liked it with the obvious ones of Scottie Pippen & Truffles standing out but I also enjoyed Gucci Tried to Tell Me and the opener of The Valley of the Shadow of Death.

I really hope someone does a recut of the Pig film trailer with the track Truffles. =p

1 Like

Steel Tipped Dove - Call Me When Outside

Streaming release for the recent album by an in-form hip-hop producer with input from billy woods, the Koreatown Oddity, ELUCID and Pink Siifu.

3 Likes

Maya Jane Coles

1 Like

The dreamy new album from Marissa Nadler (one of the acts DiS really championed over the years)

Also Max Richter’s third album this year is the OST to Apple’s new sci fi series Invasion

3 Likes

Looking forward to that Lunar Vacation album.

Anyway…

Charlotte Cornfield - Highs in the Minuses

New one out on Double Double Whammy. Indie Americana stuff. FFO Big Thief, Ada Lea, possibly Zuma era Neil Young.

4 Likes

Poor @hankscorpio.

2 Likes

Muriel Grossman - Union

Spiritual jazz grooves of the absolute highest order, it’s going to take a lot to pull me away from this record today. Sax, hammond organ, guitar and drums.

4 Likes

Sorry! Must have missed it on my phone before first coffee if the day :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

Damn, looks like the Jamire Williams album was pushed back to December. Was really looking forward to that one today. Ah well, at least there are at least 5 other jazz albums today that I need to make my way through! Theon Cross and Jamael Dean are first up, then hopefully Tenderlonious, Vels Trio and Muriel Grossmann.

Mastodon, Lone and Mick Jenkins also need a listen too. Big day!

Chloé & Vassilena Serafimova – Sequenza

Collaboration between a deep house producer and marimba player - I’m a bit worse for wear this morning and this is like a lovely warm bath for my ears.

1 Like

Whilst it’s not out today, there is an album of the year contender coming out on Sunday…

2 Likes

Weird to think some meme bands formed in the pre 4Chan era. :neutral_face:

This is the one. Really incredible folk record for those who like that kinda thing.

Both cracking records!

2 Likes

Whilst not new, A$AP Rocky’s first mixtape is now on streaming. Still his best work to date…

3 Likes

Yep, really impressed with the Charlotte Cornfield record on first listen

2 Likes

After a wasteland of a month, it all piles in today? Ah well.

Max Cooper.
Chin scratching electronica. His first live album.

Whitechapel.
Deathcore. They slowed down on the last album and it was fantastic, they’ve slowed down a lot again and it sounds a bit… safe? Still face meltingly heavy in places.

Lake Haze.
Electronica giving me J G Ballard vibes. Especially the second song.

Teethgrynder
I don’t know how to describe them. Metal adjacent? Dark and sinister would be a good starting place.

Qrion
Her debut album. Hoping for dance bangers.

Soars.
The Cult of Luna keyboard player goes solo with a very pretty post rock album that sounds like GIAA.

That’s a busy day :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Fortitude Valley debut album sounding good. 3/4 of Martha I think. Nice pop rock, pop punk, indie pop vibes.

3 Likes

Rachel Love - Picture In Mind

Former Dolly Mixture guitarist and singer with a solo record, a rather lovely lo-fi indie pop album, albeit with the sad backstory that Rachel’s husband and the producer of this album, Steve Lovell (producer of Julian Cope, Blur and others) died earlier this year.

1 Like

On first listen I’ve done Teethgrynder a dirty. This is a mash of spaghetti western soundtracks and doom jazz.

I’m not sure what I make of it. :open_mouth:

3 Likes