New Releases 29 July 22

It’s out on vinyl today.

1 Like

Almost a year later. Wow.

2 Likes

Incredible isn’t it. I thought the ‘finally’ in their tweet about it was really quite restrained!

1 Like

Strong album anyway so worth the vinyl wait :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Will be listening to some jazz:
Jeremy Cunningham - A better Ghost
A Better Ghost showcases a balance between free-improvisation and a more produced side that has been woven together through personal connection - Cunningham, Laurenzi, and Bryan have found in each other natural muses, working with and off of each other to build musical wonders.*

And also keen to check out the aformentionned Andrew Tuttle and Florist whose earlier material has found favour with me plus for the first time based on good reviews: Friendship and Tallies.

Based on the comments by trusted Dissers Ithaca too who are new name on me

*descriptive by rough trade as in a hurry!

2 Likes

Liking it a good amount so far, though feels a little more psych rock this time when I remember the last being a bit more … like hazy psych pop?

2 Likes

Listening to this Chat Pile album after it’s good review in Pitchfork today. It’s great so far and yeah, proper Jesus Lizard vibes!

2 Likes

Hey! Im enjoying this new of Montreal.

3 Likes

New album by atmospheric black metal band Grima out today. I’ve been looking forward to this one. Just started listening and love it already!

There’s definitely a bit of early Slipknot and Korn in there too (in a good way)

New Tallies record is exactly the jangly sundays inspired dream pop i wanted. The melodies and hooks mwah

4 Likes

New Emeka Ogboh album out today, I loved Beyond The Yellow Haze so really looking forward to this.

“While Beyond The Yellow Haze took a more macro sonic overview of various areas in Lagos, 6°30′33.372″N 3°22′0.66″E turns its hyper-specific geographical focus toward the sounds and voices within the city’s Ojuelegba bus station and its environs.”

8 Likes

Lots of good jazz out today. The Jeremy Cunningham album has already been mentioned, but we also have these too…

DOMi & JD BECK - NOT TiGHT

Debut album from the very talented young duo out on Blue Note records. Features include Herbie Hancock, Thundercat, Anderson .Paak and Mac DeMarco. Half way through it at the moment and really good so far.

Robohands - Violet

Smooth, jazzy little numbers. Really enjoyed his previous three albums, so looking forward to jumping into this

4 Likes

oh this’ll be interesting, been so much buzz around them for years and so many little youtube jam clips that having an actual album of originals feels a bit odd

also a Mac feature feels so right for them

1 Like

I was trying to place a familiar sound and then suddenly it clicked, Korn! But as you say, in a good way!

Maija Sofia released a good new single the other day

More organy and layered than the stripped down guitar and vocal stuff on her first album, and a great cover on the B-side

5 Likes

Joshua Burnside is normally a singer songwriter but has put out an EP of experimental tape loop stuff that he’s made for a sound installation

Clube Tormenta - O Som Do Labirinto OST

Brazilian experimental club music collective does horror-themed soundtrack for a short film they put together for the Nyege Nyege Festival.

Various Artists - Live at WOMAD 1982

Live recordings from the inaugural WOMAD Festival to celebrate the 40th anniversary. Performances by Echo & The Bunnymen, Peter Gabriel, Simple Minds, The Beat, The Drummers of Burundi, The Musicians of the Nile and more.

Amanda Shires - Take It Like A Man

Seventh album of violin-inflected Americana.

3 Likes

Pyrolator - Niemandsland

Woozy ambient electronics by a German synth veteran. Somewhere between the gentler end of kosmiche and Hiroshi Yoshimura.

1 Like

Half way through this, loving it so far. Big Louis Cole vibes.