New Releases 29 June 2018

This week for me is all about East Brunswick All Girls Choir

Not all girls, and not a choir. I think fans of Aussie swamp dirge noise rock will love this. For Fans of Drones, Birthday Party, Devastations, Beasts of Bourbon; and even their label mates C Barns and Jen Cloher - check them out

5 Likes

Drake!!

1 Like

Just listened to the new Sweet Baboo record, but not a great deal in the way of melody on it, which is strange for him.

Since Kamasi Washington has added The Choice to Spotify now, Iā€™ll give that a go too.

Not too much else today though.

1 Like

Nothing that Iā€™m fussed about today. I might give the Jim James, Gorillaz and Essex Green albums a spin, but Iā€™m in no rush to hear any of them.

I guess the big release is Drakeā€™s album, but Iā€™ve never bothered with him before, so Iā€™m unlikely to start now

John Coltraneā€™s ā€˜lostā€™ album Both Directions At Once for me

2 Likes

Didnā€™t know about either of these, so as Iā€™m currently on Heaven & Earth again anyway, I may as well extend it to add The Choice as well

1 Like

Letā€™s Eat Grandma - really intrigued for this one.

Will give the new Florence & The Machine a spin as well, although didnā€™t get on with album 3 really.

1 Like

The new one from Letā€™s Eat Grandma is great.

Have Gwenifer Raymond (for fans of John Fahey), Jim James, Jaye Jayle (Young Widows) and will definitely try East Brunswick All Girls Choir. Sounds like something I will love.

The Self Defense Family record that @Severed799 has been pushing for the last forever is out today so Iā€™ll need to get on that

2 Likes

Oh gosh, new Florence has an song called ā€˜South London Foreverā€™ - I know Iā€™ve defended her to the hilt on these boards, but this might be too muchā€¦

1 Like

This is fantastic. FFO Nick Cave and Mark Lanegan I suppose. Brooding Americana.

Also have Letā€™s Eat Grandma and Wild Moccasins lined up

Honestly sounds like a budget Lanegan to me. Not sure what the fuss is about. Shame as I love Young Widows.

Shame, I enjoyed it. What you gonna do :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Opinions, eh? The folks at Echoes & Dust have gone mental for it as well and I feel a bit left out. He seems like a decent fella though so Iā€™m pleased heā€™s doing well.

1 Like

Itā€™s Residentā€™s aotw too. So a bit of traction. Ah well. Each to their own.

Letā€™s Eat Grandma absolutely bangs

3 Likes

My love for Lanegan is unhealthy. Will start it in few minutes.

1 Like

NO DICE. NO ONE MUST LIKE THINGS I PERSONALLY DO NOT CARE FOR.

1 Like

The new Self Defense Family album is a cracker, the best thing theyā€™ve done to date. Already been rinsing that thanks to an early release on bandcamp.

Hollow Sunshine have a new album out for anyone who likes super-heavy shoegazey stuff. Could be good.

There was something else that I only found yesterday afternoon that it was being released today and I remember thinking, ā€œI must remember to check that out.ā€ Can I remember what it is? Can I fuck.

Gonna check out Letā€™s Eat Grandma, they sound fun.

2 Likes

C O N V E R G E

ā€¦have new EP, Beautiful Ruin, out today. Will also be checking out Letā€™s Eat Grandma, Self Defense Family and East Brunswick All Girls Choir due to the OP (sounds right up my street)

1 Like