New Releases 29 June 2018

I also had no idea about this, got it on now tho and obviously IT RIPS

The Essex Green - Hardly Electronic
and
Ryan Adams - Baby I Love You (single)

for me Clive

Another shout for Letā€™s Eat Grandma. Really fantastic stuff

1 Like

Hannah Peel has a remix album out. More space choons!

Charles Lloyd & The Marvels with Lucinda Williams. From what I can figure out itā€™s Lucinda Williams with a jazz band.

and for shits and giggles Guns Nā€™Roses super mega deluxe version of Appetite for Destruction

Complete with pop up shop in that Londonā€¦

https://louderthanwar.com/guns-nroses-pop-up-shop-in-camden-friday-29th-june-to-sunday-1st-july/

1 Like

New to me too but Iā€™m enjoying it. Itā€™s. A bit Ought, a bit Protomartyr, a bit Drones. All good things.

1 Like

I enjoy his playing with Cate le Bon but his solo stuff always feels, I dunno, a bit too nice or something, for me

2 listens in and the new RockATeens LP seems strongā€¦Fans of Okkervil River can applyā€¦this is the band that heavily influenced Will Sheffā€¦have some great unhinged, passionate, slightly shamboiic moments in their discographyā€¦looking forward to further spinsā€¦

just listened to scorpion by drake not much that i like about it, i was hoping for something more exciting ://

2 Likes

Iā€™m all in on this SDF album, great stuff!

1 Like

new Joshua Burnside EP is worth checking out for fans of folky stuff

Yaaaaas

Iā€™ve been really enjoying the Letā€™s Eat Grandma album - a nice follow-up from their debut.

Iā€™m now listening to J Colleran - Gardenia. underwater/space piano/string/electronic type instrumental sounds.

You might like his new one a bit more then, not as cheery as he usually is.

He had a great collaboration of covers of ambient stuff like Eno out a few months ago called Group Listening where he played clarinet.

1 Like

I bought the Bullitt Reissue. Bit annoyed it didnā€™t come with a download code tbh.

Much better than that though, I bought Gardenia by J Colleran, which is stunning. Somewhere between electronica and modern classic, and incredibly beautiful - So majestic it takes my breath away. I havenā€™t been affected by a record like this for years. Barely half an hour long, but Wow. Just wow.

1 Like

Them Are Us Too released this EP, to pay tribute to one of the members who died in a fire in California in 2016.

Have always loved their Cocteau Twins/Dead Can Dance vibe.