New releases - 2nd July 2021

Morning, who’s got any material left to release after last week’s avalanche of decent stuff?

Two from me. Desperate Journalist - indie, loved their previous records but not heard the singles off this yet:

Year Of No Light - not sure how to describe it really, drone slash post metal? Love it, regardless:

7 Likes

My mate posted the Wet Leg song on FB and I’ve listened to it a bunch of times today already

I know @rob.orch is a fan because I saw he follows their Insta. Probably @ma0sm would like this if he’s not heard it already.

10 Likes

It’s so great!

2 Likes

Couple of main ones for me:

The Go! Team - Get Up Sequences Part One
I’ve enjoyed most of the stuff released so far off this, their sixth album. Looking forward to the rest.

Snapped Ankles - Forest of Your Problems
Post-punk psychy stuff. It’s only been a few months since their last album.

7 Likes

Much quieter week - maybe because of the US holiday?

Cosha - Mt. Pleasant

Billed as a debut album, so I’m a little surprised to see this only 8 tracks at 30 mins, one of which is the (great) single Do You Wanna Dance from her 2018 track mixtape. But I’ll listen anyway.

Laura Mvula - Pink Noise

I’ve not listened to her before but this album is getting great reviews, expecting funky, tender synth-pop with strong vocals.

4 Likes

Spooky side project from Pye Corner Audio

1 Like

A reissue rather than brand new, but Leatherface’s Mush is available again today with all the relevant b-sides etc. One of the greatest UK punk albums ever

5 Likes

Just Go! Team and this for me today:

Sailor & I - Diving For Lost Treasure
Swedish chap. Dancefloor kind of songs, which isn’t my normal sort of sound. I liked his previous album though.

At least I can spend more time trying to figure out my June top 5!

The Go! Team
The Go! Team
The Go! Team

5 Likes
1 Like

I’ve got three records to pick up from Resident - the new Go! Team, last week’s Lonelady album, and a Serge Gainsbourg soundtrack reissue

1 Like

Single of the year!

1 Like

Still working my way through last week’s deluge of releases but will be throwing this on today - Some early & previously unreleased material from Declaime (aka Dudley Perkins) produced by Madlib.

1 Like

Oooh what’s this?

Bobby Gillespie (of Primal Scream) and Jehnny Beth (of Savages)

1 Like

man I wanted to hate this but it is so so good

1 Like

This Laura Mvula album is fantastic. Gorgeous/extremely fun 80s bangers and amazing voice.

4 Likes

I’m going to give this a listen on Spotify, but the single didn’t really grab me

1 Like

Goodbye Emmanuel. It’s been on order since February which is was when it was neant to be reissued. Apparently the uk distributor screwed up and sold all the copies themselves rather than sending them out to shops. I’ve probably got the best tracks on various other compilations already, but I’m looking forward to hearing the full version

1 Like

Cheers. I’ve got a compilation of some of his soundtrack stuff but it’s all earlier stuff that I think will only have ever been single releases.