New Releases - 30.08.2019

Going to check out:

Black Belt Eagle Scout
Future Teens
Gender Roles

2 Likes

Sacking Tool off today’s playlist. Not in the mood for, what I am expecting to be, a bit of a slog at 1h 26min long

Monos OST by Mica Levi for me today.

first track is lush

yeah this is pretty great :metal:

This Lana album is really lovely tbh

2 Likes

New Kano

HTRK
HTRK
HTRK
HTRK

2 Likes

New Slow Show out today. Really like their schtick. Prob more of the same, which is grand as their first two albums were well listenable.

Slow Show - Sharp Scratch

This Boy Scouts record is very lovely indeed. Will settle in nicely with those enjoying Whitney’s end-of-summer romanticism:

1 Like

Oh! Also new Black Belt Eagle Scout, out today on Saddle Creek. Understated and beautiful <3

2 Likes

One of the members of Oneida has an album out

Did the Rapsody album come out today or was it last week (I’ve been away)? Anyway, it’s great.

Kano and Four Tet

Last week. It’s amazing

2 Likes

One of the most stunning songs of the year. Can’t wait to spend a late night with this record. Cheers @joe.reed.4 for flagging it up.

Was really confused as I thought you meant a posthumous release from Mrs. Houston.

Back in chartland, that place we used to love but nobody loves any more as all of it’s by some creepy ginger kid, her cover of Higher Love is at #2. In 2019. TBH it’s great, better than the Steve Winwood original!

Anyway, Ezra Furman for me, Clive. I Should Not Be Alone is a fiery, thrilling and very promising teaser.

It was released a couple of weeks ago, but I bought Shikowse - Back In The Tall Grass after reading the Pitchfork review earlier this week. Very enjoyable on first listen - gauzy dreampop that reminds me of Lost In The Dream-era War On Drugs in places. Lovely stuff :slight_smile:

Looking forward to Future Teens… Last album is still in heavy rotation… so great

1 Like

Listened to this on the back of a positive Pitchfork review… it’s really good!