New releases - 30/6/17

Obvs all the techno-heads should be giving the new Porter Ricks a listen. Dubby dub dub techno - barely anything in the treble range. Just done my second listen and I’m enjoying it so far - sounds like a distant rave heard from underwater.

Next up will be Nadia Struiwigh on the wonderful CPU label (throwback acid/melodic techno). Everything they release is gold.

Then it looks like there’s a new Richard H Kirk album, which will presumably sit somewhere on the broad spectrum between IDM and industrial experimentation.

This is getting barely any traction, but the drummer from Deerhunter has put out a very solid album today under the name Moon Diagrams. I’m really digging it, reminds me a bit of that fantastic MJ Guider album from last year with a few pop diversions:

Will probably get the Beach House B-sides/rarities album as I’m sad like that

there’s a jay-z album

New Floating Points thing is good

Just going to Banquet to pick up my pre-order. He did a show at the Shacklewell Arms a year ago which was great.

Yeah this is great, the last track is :fire:

The Richard H Kirk album is really pleasing. It’s got that 80s/early 90s electro-industrial aesthetic (the light-hearted end of the spectrum, rather than the Skinny Puppy end) but with more modern production values.

Heliocentrics - The Sunshine Makers OST

Daniel O’Sullivan (Mothlite, Ulver, etc.) - Veld

Not a great deal out today, but very much liking the new Snapped Ankles EP.

this^

Going to check this out solely on the comparison to that MJ Guider album (one of my faves of 2016).

Missed new USA Nails on release last week. Worth a thread bump