New releases 30TH APRIL 21

Hi folks

What we got on today.

Few to kick off

2 Likes

New from Manchester Orchestra ยฏ\(ใƒ„)/ยฏ

8 Likes

Another interesting one featuring members of slowdive, flaming lips and casket girls

6 Likes

A bunch of new albums in an alphabetical order:

Big Scary - Daisy

Australian guy and gal singing band. I really liked an album of theirs from a few years ago. A slightly more upbeat The XX?

Bowerbirds - becalmyounglovers

American chap making music in his hut in the woods type thing. I loved their first album many years ago, but heโ€™s now solo since splitting with his lady. Sounds similar though.

Colombre - Corallo

Italian chap. Just randomly popped up on my release radar, maybe because of all of the Italian music Iโ€™ve been listening to recently. Sounds good!

Girl in Red - If I Could Make It Go Quiet

Norwegian lady. Loved an way song of hers.

Glume - The Internet

โ€˜a seance with Norma Jean starring as Marilyn Monroeโ€™

LUWTEN - Draft

Dutch lady. Looking forward to this. Laid back sort of vibes.

Raphael Gimenes - A Tongue Full Of Suns

Brazilian chap in Copenhagen, popped up because Teitur has produced the album. So maybe some nice delicate string drenched songs?

Toth - You Me And Everything

Sweet catchy songs. But an older song of his only got 1 point in a Music League round so what do I know!

3 Likes

Probably give this a spin too

3 Likes

Adding this to my list

2 Likes

And this

4 Likes

New Dawn Richard for me - alt R&B goodness

7 Likes

Rosie Tucker - Sucker Supreme

Charlie Martin - Imaginary People

One half of Hovvdy

2 Likes

Superwolves up first and sounding great. The first record is probably my favourite Will Oldham record these days.

Going to give the new Leon Vynehall record a go next - itโ€™s getting some good reviews.

4 Likes

Leon Vynehall - Rare, Foreveroi

The big one today, expecting some impeccably produced jazzy atmospheric house.

12 Likes

New Alchemist EP first up today, includes features from Earl Sweatshirt & Boldy James.

6 Likes

I thought that posthumous Tony Allen record was out today? Not showing up on my Spotify

Seems to be out but not on spotify yet

Iโ€™ve got an EP of throwback Squarepusher-inspired electronica out on Bricolage. Just on bandcamp at the moment.

13 Likes

Sarah Louise - Earth Bow
Lush pastoral folk ambient kinda thing. Really enjoying this so far.

Was featured as Bandcampโ€™s album of the day

New Joseph Shabason album, earlier stuff of his I heard sounded a bit like Jon Hassell and maybe ffo oneohtrix point never ambient/trumpet/experimental

4 Likes

I though April was a wasteland for music and then today arrived :open_mouth:

New Leon Vynehall. Heโ€™s never come close to his first ep but hereโ€™s hoping.

Iโ€™m not sure i need a live Pig Destroyer album but here we areโ€ฆ

New Gojira.

Iโ€™m not much of a fan but this sounds pretty good so far. Some of the vocals are reminding me of Killing Joke :open_mouth:

Beachy head.

Shoegaze loveliness

And the new Burial split

4 Likes

And for me. Her last three albums have all been superb. She gets good reviews but somehow still stays under the radar.

2 Likes

TOR - Oasis Sky

Melodic atmospheric electronica type stuff, good work listening.

4 Likes